Breaking: Tylor Perry enters transfer portal

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Love this Fouts' photo pre-Super Pit/Gateway Center with the old University President's home in the background.

How did they ever get students to come to football games?  It was so far away from the dorms. 😉

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Wait a second.  This guy had a chance to be the most beloved player in the history of UNT.  He always said his dream was to play for UNT as his cousin Jeff Simpson played here when he was a kid.

What you say is true, we do wish him well and thank him for all he did whilest here.

But excuse us if some can walk and chew gum at the same time.  We are not happy about him leaving and using this as a junior college.  Sorry if that hurts your feelings, but it is the truth and you know it. 

We have to get out of this, "woe is me I'm a UNT fan and I have a chip on my shoulder mentality."  It is ok to express disappointment when a key player in your history decides to finish his career and legacy somewhere else.

he fulfilled his dream....now on to other dreams.  most people have more than one dream in their lifetime.

• Upvote 7

22 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:

We are not happy about him leaving and using this as a junior college. 

He used an actual junior college for a junior college, Coffeyville to be specific.

He is leaving us as a grad transfer which is not the same thing. Now if you said the Murphs, then yes, they pretty much used us for a juco.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

22 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Wait a second.  This guy had a chance to be the most beloved player in the history of UNT.  He always said his dream was to play for UNT as his cousin Jeff Simpson played here when he was a kid.

What you say is true, we do wish him well and thank him for all he did whilest here.

But excuse us if some can walk and chew gum at the same time.  We are not happy about him leaving and using this as a junior college.  Sorry if that hurts your feelings, but it is the truth and you know it. 

We have to get out of this, "woe is me I'm a UNT fan and I have a chip on my shoulder mentality."  It is ok to express disappointment when a key player in your history decides to finish his career and legacy somewhere else.

Every program deals with transfers.  This idea that it mostly happens at JUCOS is wrong.

I see a lot more than just disappointment being thrown around in this thread.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1