The Mean Black* Softball versus UAB

* Not sure why this team seems to despise wearing Green and White as once again they are wearing f'ing black and white. 🤢

Ladies hosting UAB

Turned on in the first to see two on and our runner on first gets caught trying to get back to first on a fly to left field - ANOTHER base running screw up

This team seems to struggle with the fundamentals

P.S. I literally want to PUKE every time I see that damn "Were not like other Universities" commercial 🤮

• Upvote 4

The girls don't look comfortable out there. This season's whole "Built to Win Trophies" campaign was obviously a bad approach that added unnecessary pressure. The players are overthinking out on the field and it's leading to bad defense and errors. They need to relax and just make the routine plays. They need to have fun again. If they do that, good things will happen, and maybe it will all come together by the time we get to the conference tournament. This is a very talented team. Once they all find and settle into their roles on this team, they will make their run at the C-USA title.

And yes..... that stupid commercial needs to be scrapped. And I'll take it a step further. Whoever approved that POS should be fired. That crap makes UNT look like an f***ing joke.

Edited by Side.Show.Joe
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

27 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

And yes..... that stupid commercial needs to be scrapped. And I'll take it a step further. Whoever approved that POS should be fired. That crap makes UNT look like an f***ing joke.

It looks even worse when they play it before or after the other school's commercials. Most other commercials send the message that you're here to learn and can have a good time while doing it. On the other hand, Ours sends out the message that you're here to have a good time and play around, and if you learn while you're here, that's a good thing. This commercial makes no sense for all the excellent stuff UNT has done to improve its academics.

• Upvote 3

Really hard to understand are hitting strategies. Our best hitter up with two out and two on, gets up three and zero and watches the next two balls go by and then has to swing at a not so good pitch for a pop-up

Edited by El Paso Eagle

19 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

It looks even worse when they play it before or after the other school's commercials. Most other commercials send the message that you're here to learn and can have a good time while doing it. On the other hand, Ours sends out the message that you're here to have a good time and play around, and if you learn while you're here, that's a good thing. This commercial makes no sense for all the excellent stuff UNT has done to improve its academics.

This is true. The commercials of our opponents are better. Very Sad. 

• Upvote 2

You should note that UAB is wearing gray and they seem to being doing alright.

Frankly, I am much less concerned with NT's uniform choices than what has happened to the Mean with this team.  This is the most disappointing team in Delong's time here.   Ranked at the beginning of the year and currently has a hard time even being competitive with mediocre opponents. 

• Upvote 3

I think the girls need time at their positions to gel together. I have no clue why so many of the regular starters were benched today. I have to believe we'd have had a better chance of winning if Rainey, Donahoe, Smith, & Epperson were at their usual places on the field and in the batting order. I have to wonder if DeLong is just guessing and hoping random changes will lead to better results.  

• Eye Roll 1

On 3/31/2023 at 9:24 PM, Side.Show.Joe said:

It's approved and produced by our Branding Department.

For shits&giggles, Google these words on your phone or computer right now. University of North Texas colors

Falsified Colors via Branding Site

The answer you'll see directly contradicts our school colors as approved by student vote in 1903 and mandated by our Board of Regents. UNT Colors

North Texas Colors are ONLY GREEN AND WHITE.

Yes, people should be fired. Problem is President Smatresk has gone totally silent on the subject and refuses to oppose those people that couldn't give a damn about promoting our university or it's traditions even though that's exactly what they are being paid to do. Not being disrespectful, but our branding web site has been sabotaged by one of his appointees and it is his job to get it corrected.

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

19 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

You should note that UAB is wearing gray and they seem to being doing alright.

Actually UAB won the series by wearing their Forest Green and Gold.

UAB SB

We didn't wear school colors and subsequently played poorly.

Oh well, there's always next season. That gives us a full year to learn that our school colors are Green and White.

• Downvote 1

Pretty disappointed in Delong so far this year.   I think he and the girls read way too many headlines to start the year and are getting humbled right now. I also didn’t understand inserting Sparks and Nicholson immediately into the starting lineup over Donohoe and Ingle at the start of the year. It appeared to mess with the chemistry of the team and now Ingle is gone. The team doesn’t seem to handle adversity well and is making fundamental mistakes every game that really hurt them.   I loved this team but they have really become hard to watch. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Pretty disappointed in Delong so far this year.  

I still think Delong is one heck of a coach. Things haven't gone as planned in several games but I don't see it being the result of mismanagement or poor planning. North Texas plays tough competition and sometimes the other team wins.

In softball and baseball, some days you eat the bear, and some days the bear eats you. The important thing is that you always represent your school as best possible. This team does that. I just wish they'd wear our school colors more often.

I will be there for their remaining home games. I love the team, hope they'll finish the season well, and beieve they are going to have a significantly better season next year.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

50 minutes ago, ADLER said:

I still think Delong is one heck of a coach. Things haven't gone as planned in several games but I don't see it being the result of mismanagement or poor planning. North Texas plays tough competition and sometimes the other team wins.

In softball and baseball, some days you eat the bear, and some days the bear eats you. The important thing is that you always represent your school as best possible. This team does that. I just wish they'd wear our school colors more often.

I will be there for their remaining home games. I love the team, hope they'll finish the season well, and beieve they are going to have a significantly better season next year.

He did well for a few years using McKee’s players .  Needs to start recruiting better.

• Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, Tom McKrackin said:

He did well for a few years using McKee’s players .  Needs to start recruiting better.

List the McKee players that continued to his most successful season here, which was last year. 

• Lovely Take 2