Timing on making Hodge official?

Just now, Caw Caw said:

I would say Benford had a greater affect on attendance than style of play. Second to benford, things are just different post covid and i think the AD is still figuring that out.

The lowest hanging fruits are the communities:  Denton and the university.  Recent successes, outreach, and promotions should help. We’ll see.  

• Lovely Take 1

47 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

Ha!  Right. “Tournament wins, multiple championships, MVP’s, but the pace is too slow for me.  I’d rather watch a high scoring loss.”  There might be some fans with that view, but not many. 

Sadly, we have a few fans who would happily watch a high scoring loss.  

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Sad 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

59 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

He’s from Dallas and was in line for a promotion when the inevitable happened.  

But he turned down a head job!?  Wait, are we talking about the same thing?🤔

• RV 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, meanrob said:

There’s no way I believe style of play drastically affected attendance. That would have to mean there are thousands of people out there who paid enough attention to figure out the style of play and then decided, “no thanks.”  

I agree winning is what draws crowds, not what the style of play is.  

As far as attendance, this is NT were most students rather do almost anything rather than go to a sporting event, where Dentonites take NT for granted and wish they had an ex SWC team to support, and far too many alumni become t-shirt fans of UT, A&M or whoever is winning versus being openly associated with NT.  

It is slowly getting better, but replacing about every coach on the staff in one year is not going to help.  

Hodge IMO is the right choice.  For all I know, he may have been more responsible for NT's recent basketball success than McCasland.   McCasland is a big loss, but it is the way of college athletes; the bigger eat the smaller.  

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1

If Hodge wants the job AND Mosley wants him in the job then I’m all for it. Mosley has been a dude at hiring coaches.

Also, Hodge has had the boy genius moniker attached to him since before he came to UNT.  He’s only grown that reputation more here.  I’m surprised we kept him as long as we did.  

Edited by TIgreen01
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1