Houston vs Miami

DeepGreen

1 minute ago, Cougar King said:

SMU taught me how to live rent-free on here. 

Power 5 Facebook groups are filled with people of varying ages.

Of course, UNT has never played big time sports, so I forgive you for not knowing that 

Jersey Shore GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cougar King said:

DeepGreen wanted smoke and I brought some heat. You should see what gets posted on the Big 12 boards and Facebook groups, I don't think most of you guys would survive on there.

I’m sending you the largest eye roll. You just showed everyone here what you’re able to tolerate. So keep one moving with that.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

"Let me know why you make the real S16"

Eyeroll

Are you gonna use that against every non-S16 program that just watched you faceplant on national TV? Have fun staving off that army.

The world just watched your choke.  Admit you were either over seeded, or you just failed miserably to live up to your seed.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Cooley said:

FYI,

Houston’s best player and MVP candidate, Marcus Sasser (Dallas Tx - Red Oak HS) is the grandson of NTSU’s Jeryl Sasser. Jeryl played in the early 70’s for NTSU. 

Son’s played at Kimball and SMU & Texas Tech and in the NBA

https://tvccsports.com/hall_of_fame/Jeryl_Sasser

Let me add to this:

Jeryl was one of those sons. Marcus’s uncle.

Jeryl played at SMU in the late 1990s…the exact time I started college at UTEP.

I went to the WAC tournament on the UNLV campus when Jeryl was a frosh. Miners got into a rock fight with Mustangs. UTEP was up 1 point with 4 seconds left. Jeryl drove the length of the court and hit a FG as time expired to win the game for SMU.

I witnessed it, and it will always have a bittersweet taste to me: Don Haskins walked off that basketball court for the last time as a coach.

i moved to Denton to finish my undergrad, and my old El Paso friends got to witness sweet revenge. In 2001 the WAC tournament was held in Tulsa and UTEP would win and I think it ended Jeryl’s college career. A friend of mine still has that SMU game (from Tulsa) on tape (VHS!!!)

I was halfway rooting for Marcus, but also happy to see Houston is done.

Marcus’s great grandfather apparently was a Harlem Globetrotter

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1