New NIT Bracketology Has Us A 1 Seed

SUMG

Call me crazy.....but it seems to me, that here on Selection Sunday....that UNT is trending upward. We have a (really)small chance of being selected for the Dance. But more likely to the NIT.....which if we are a 1 seed....we would host anywhere from 1-3 games (depending on if we kept winning). The Finals are in Vegas.

https://thebarkingcrow.com/nit-bracketology/

Edited by SUMG
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

I like this bracket, if it comes to fruition. Winnable games, and a potential second round matchup with Sam Houston State would draw some fans (both theirs and locals who recognize their name).  

Also, that UAB team that some thought would steal the NIT bid…projected as a 3 seed. 

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, SUMG said:

And UNM is coached by Pitino's kid. 

Wonder if that's why their recruiting has been so good. I kept wondering how they snagged Mashburn Jr and Jaelen House (son of former NBA player Eddie House) from the transfer portal. I know UNM has a strong program but didn't think they had that kind of appeal.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Most recent brackotology I saw didn’t have us in the last four out or the next four out. I thought those positions got the 1 and 2 seeds.

I have said this before, but no.  The NIT uses similar criteria, but their seedings aren't necessarily reflected of who is Last 4 out or whatever.  I remember about 10 years ago Drexel was one of the last four out as admitted by the Selection Committee.  They were a 3 seed in the NIT.

Edited by CMJ
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CMJ said:

I have said this before, but no.  The NIT uses similar criteria, but their seedings aren't necessarily reflected of who is Last 4 out or whatever.  I remember about 10 years ago Drexel was one of the last four out as admitted by the Selection Committee.  They were a 3 seed in the NIT.

Yeah I don’t see that in this but then again it was a quick scan…. I thought they had mentioned it during the selection show but also I don’t think Oklahoma was in the last four out last year and they were a one seed yeah? 

https://www.ncaa.com/sites/default/files/files/NIT_Principles_Procedures.pdf