Any ideas on this?

GMG_Dallas

10 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

"The University of North Texas Athletics Department has accepted the resignation of Head Football Coach Seth Littrell immediately following the game at UTSA. We would like to thank Coach Littrell for all of his work the past 7 years and will work diligently on finding his replacement."

Funny you mention the whole coaching situation... a certain parent of a certain D-lineman responded to the tweet so I checked out the parent's Twitter page and let me tell you, he is not a fan of SL and a few weeks ago posted that the team should be handed over to Cobbs. Makes me wonder how the players feel although we've been winning lately and that typically cures everything.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Funny you mention the whole coaching situation... a certain parent of a certain D-lineman responded to the tweet so I checked out the parent's Twitter page and let me tell you, he is not a fan of SL and a few weeks ago posted that the team should be handed over to Cobbs. Makes me wonder how the players feel although we've been winning lately and that typically cures everything.

There’s a few unhappy parents on Twitter. Especially during the games questioning some of the things they call or do. I could see it being a reflection on how the player feels too

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

There’s a few unhappy parents on Twitter. Especially during the games questioning some of the things they call or do. I could see it being a reflection on how the player feels too

Most definitely. These kids don't get scholarships to play D1 football (and other sports) without their parents making a lot of sacrifices. Early/late practices, games, camps, private training, 7 on 7 during the offseason, and so on. They're generally very involved. I'd imagine they're very much in tune with how their kids are feeling.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

He seems complementary of Littrell and Co lately though which is likely due to the winning like you said.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

16 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Really?  His most recent posts are supportive of the team, the play calling and the coaches.  He even singled out Littrell, Bennett and Passwaters for praise.  Yes, he did post a tweet out of frustration weeks ago, but lately he has been encouraging.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Really?  His most recent posts are supportive of the team, the play calling and the coaches.  He even singled out Littrell, Bennett and Passwaters for praise.  Yes, he did post a tweet out of frustration weeks ago, but lately he has been encouraging.

Most likely just a reflection winning and losing. The criticism came in more than just a single tweet, though.

1 hour ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Where's the "not a rivalry" crowd?

I’ll bite.  It was a generic script.  It could have been used before any conference game.  UTSA was not mentioned.  People hear what they want to hear.  
Thanks to Mr. Wilson for doing this.  It’s nice when former players give back.  

Edited by keith
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

9 hours ago, keith said:

I’ll bite.  It was a generic script.  It could have been used before any conference game.  UTSA was not mentioned.  People hear what they want to hear.  
Thanks to Mr. Wilson for doing this.  It’s nice when former players give back.  

All I see on this board is fans saying it's not a rivalry because whatever reason. Ever consider the players and staff view it differently? We've each spent time ruining the other's seasons since 2013. Those players carry on frustrations to the next game, and with it, the next round of freshmen. The fact that every couple years, one of us ruins the other's season means that animosity continously carries over and we are where we are now. It's not random one-off big games. It's been consistent for the length of time we've been in CUSA. The program certainly views it as a rivalry.

Edit: I'll add, yes, they could have used the script for any conference foe but... they didn't. They used it for UTSA.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1