Playing UMass in Dickies' Arena (Ft. Worth).......Dec. 11 tripleheader

SUMG

Great!  This gives me an excuse to go see Dickey Arena in person.  I hear its a palace.  George Strait did its Grand Opening.  In fact, I believe Strait closed the Astrodome with one of his annual live concerts he would have there.  They did a "live" GS album with that closing show. I have that CD & it’s studio quality. Only other group who could perform as good "live" would be the Eagles? 

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

Neutral site matchups with Kansas, UMass, and Tulsa are all testaments to how far our program has come. Gone are the days of playing Maryland Eastern Shore, Maine, and Saint Peter’s in the Wolfpack Classic.

I know you're not new around here...  If we've learned anything as Mean Green fans: such a declaration is premature.
Let's enjoy it while we can, for however long it lasts!

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I know you're not new around here...  If we've learned anything as Mean Green fans: such a declaration is premature.
Let's enjoy it while we can, for however long it lasts!

Well, they are gone. Hopefully permanently, but even just temporarily it is much more pleasing to look at these type of schedules.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

One who told me about this triple header this morning already said how nice it would be to have a pre-game gathering place for UNT fans.
Well, one could not do any worse than this place which is less than 1/8’th of a mile from the Dickey Arena. They call it the UNT HEALTH SCIENCE CENTER.  ••• Last time I recall us having a pre-game gathering there was In the 1980’s before a UNT-TCU football game which (btw) was won by...North Texas.
(Wouldn’t you say the UNTHSC campus has grown quite a bit since the 1980’s)?

3499FF20-2117-4655-A6D2-24D9362174B4.jpeg.2f6bba89b98d127be23c377f82a12e74.jpeg

❇️🦅❇️

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 4

My daughter lives near the UNTHSC campus, I had not driven by there in 20+ years.  What a beautiful campus and buildings.  It is a great facility that is an asset to our university.

As far as concerts go, as a NTSU student I saw Eric Clapton at Tarrant County Convention Center.  I will be seeing Slow Hand again in Cowtown as he kicks off his latest tour at...... Dickies Arena, can't wait.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!
WIN GAMES!!!

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

So easy to see the results of winning CUSA last year and taking down Purdue in the NCAA Tourney.  Need to keep this momentum going.

Not only Purdue, DG, but the “20” ranked Purdue Boilermakers.

When would be the last time anyone in CUSA beat a program ranked # 20 at the end of a season?

🦅

16 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Not only Purdue, DG, but the “20” ranked Purdue Boilermakers.

When would be the last time anyone in CUSA beat a program ranked # 20 at the end of a season?

🦅

I think in the grand scheme of that win, it is more impressive to point out that Purdue has made at least a S16 appearance every year since 2017.  We are the first team to beat them in the first round since Little Rock did in 2016.

when it comes to the NCAA Basketball Tournament, I kinda forget (and don't care) about T25 rankings once the field of 65 is set.  I don't think I am the only one.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

I think in the grand scheme of that win, it is more impressive to point out that Purdue has made at least a S16 appearance every year since 2017.  We are the first team to beat them in the first round since Little Rock did in 2016.

when it comes to the NCAA Basketball Tournament, I kinda forget (and don't care) about T25 rankings once the field of 65 is set.  I don't think I am the only one.

Guess I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention present CUSA members UTEP & Charlotte both made the Final 4 in the past. The Miners beat Adolph Rupp’s Kentucky Wildcats in the 60’s to  win the whole enchilada & Charlotte who was one win away from the championship game in 1977. Remember when the UNCC 49’ers used the name “Mean Green?”  

🦅

Edited by PlummMeanGreen