AAC predictions

untjim1995

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2020-aac-expert-picks-most-overrated-and-underrated-teams-order-of-finish-bold-predictions/

Since we play two of their teams and recruit against Tulsa, SMU, UH, and Tulane regularly, this is an interesting read. A lot of love from these people with SMU again--amazing how much these folks want to see them become a conference champion, since they think the Death Penalty was an undeserved nuclear attack on their cheating program. Its disgusting, actually, but they somehow carry cachet in the NCAA Football World...

• Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

A lot of love from these people with SMU again--amazing how much these folks want to see them become a conference champion, since they think the Death Penalty was an undeserved nuclear attack on their cheating program. Its disgusting, actually, but they somehow carry cachet in the NCAA Football World...

Did I miss something in this article?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Did I miss something in this article?

Well, yeah.

See, back in the early 1980's, SMU quickly rose to national prominence and started recruiting dudes who would never go there... unless some shady SMU-like activity was going on behind the scenes.
Turns out, there was!
These high-profile players were being PAID BY THE SMU ATHLETICS DEPARTMENT!!!!1!1!

As you could guess, once the NCAA found out about it, they were not very happy.

It was a pretty big deal Lifer, I don't know how you missed it.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

55 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Well, yeah.

See, back in the early 1980's, SMU quickly rose to national prominence and started recruiting dudes who would never go there... unless some shady SMU-like activity was going on behind the scenes.
Turns out, there was!
These high-profile players were being PAID BY THE SMU ATHLETICS DEPARTMENT!!!!1!1!

As you could guess, once the NCAA found out about it, they were not very happy.

It was a pretty big deal Lifer, I don't know how you missed it.

Was that in this article?  Nope.

It was mentioned that the writer's of this article were exhibiting a lot of love towards SMU and intimated that the Death Penalty was undeserved.  I didn't see that in THIS article.  I am well aware of their sordid past.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

A lot of love from these people with SMU again--amazing how much these folks want to see them become a conference champion, since they think the Death Penalty was an undeserved nuclear attack on their cheating program. Its disgusting, actually, but they somehow carry cachet in the NCAA Football World...

I mean, UCF, Cincy, and Memphis are the front runners and the article makes that pretty clear - we even get called 'overrated' by someone.  

But we get Cincy and Memphis at home, avoid UCF during the season, and may have the strongest offense in the league, especially now that Gainwell is sitting out, so I say we've got as good a chance as anyone to at least get to the conference CG.  

• Upvote 1