Utah State (11/24/19)

CMJ

17 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

11-0 run to end the game for UTah state. Wow. 

Really misleading as we started to foul late and they didn't miss one FT.  As the announcers said, this weekend will be good for us down the road.  They were really impressed with our defense and effort.  We just have to find some flow to our offense.  I don't think Hamlet is the answer at the point.  He dribbles into trouble way to much and then gets stuck having to pass.  A true PG would really help this team.  Geu was impressive.  Z Simmons needs to play with Geu's energy.  This team has the ability and potential to be really good.  They just have to find an offensive rhythm.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

How is it good for recruits?  I hear/read this all the time, but do the kids really care if they get to wear black?  Has a recruit ever tweeted, "I am taking my talents to U of ??? because of their cool alternate uniforms?"  I am youngish and prefer green and white with black accents.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Just now, UNTLifer said:

How is it good for recruits?  I hear/read this all the time, but do the kids really care if they get to wear black?  Has a recruit ever tweeted, "I am taking my talents to U of ??? because of their cool alternate uniforms?"  I am youngish and prefer green and white with black accents.

Just to change things up a bit. Not saying recruits come to schools because of their alternates. 

I like wearing green and white, but it's always nice to switch things up. Not like we are Kentucky or Duke with a lot of good history

NT just scared the heck out of the number 15 team in the nation, and a lot of the comments are about uniform color,.

Geu was the best player in the game, edging out Gibson.

Lot of complaints about Hamlet, but I thought it was his best game by far this year. 

The chemistry of this team is getting slowly better, this tough oc schedule should greatly benefit NT in conference play.  This doesn't look like the seventh best team in CUSA as many project. 

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 2

17 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Just to change things up a bit. Not saying recruits come to schools because of their alternates. 

I like wearing green and white, but it's always nice to switch things up. Not like we are Kentucky or Duke with a lot of good history

We play in 'alternate' colors and it's poor branding to wear something other than the identity that we're trying to promote.

Uniforms are for one thing...to promote an identity. Changing constantly to unrecognizable uniforms is detrimental to that task.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Why don't you like black? 

Craig Helwig had at one time added blue and copper to our uniforms. I don't dislike those colors either, but they too, like black, or gray, do not belong on our uniforms.

That, and the fact that our gray uniforms are cursed.

• Upvote 3

I’m feeling good about the way we looked this weekend. I still don’t get why we like going back to playing hot potato on the perimeter but it does seem like we’re doing less of it. Also really liked seeing us respond when they started scoring after the slow start. So much to work on and probably some rotation tweaks, but maybe we can make this a fun season after all.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1