DRC: UNT press conference takeaways, notes

Brett Vito

1 minute ago, Brett Vito said:

One of the notable absences from UNT's depth chart heading into its game against ACU is offensive lineman Elex Woodworth.

law and order crazy shit GIF

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

Love this comment! The amount of Depth we have at WR could definitely cause some defenses fits

Amen. We may not move at Briles speed, but the proof is in the pudding when you can put that kind of insane pressure on a defense.

It was the difference between Kiffin winning a CUSA championship(at our expense no less) and missing a bowl game

• Upvote 3

My favorite comment is this:

"We are ready and prepared," Muhammad said. "We have had a great two weeks of focusing on Abilene Christian. I think it’s going to be a shutout. If we go in there and follow [UNT defensive coordinator Troy Reffett's] plan and everyone meticulously focuses on their assignments, we will shut them out."

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

My favorite comment is this:

"We are ready and prepared," Muhammad said. "We have had a great two weeks of focusing on Abilene Christian. I think it’s going to be a shutout. If we go in there and follow [UNT defensive coordinator Troy Reffett's] plan and everyone meticulously focuses on their assignments, we will shut them out."

Definitely bulletin board material for ACU, though.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Yes, the uptempo tires out the opponents defense.   But, it will also partially tire out our defense.    Our D numbers may not look that good this year, but it won't necessarily reflect a bad year defensively.   

I expect a lot of shootouts.   All we have to do is make sure we come out on top.

Edited by akriesman

1 hour ago, akriesman said:

Yes, the uptempo tires out the opponents defense.   But, it will also partially tire out our defense.    Our D numbers may not look that good this year, but it won't necessarily reflect a bad year defensively.   

I expect a lot of shootouts.   All we have to do is make sure we come out on top.

It's all about 3rd downs.

I think the playes confidence is built on facts. They are the better team, and have to be clearly so if they want to meet expectations this season. That said, I would feel better if the players sounded at least bit more concerned/aware with there maybe being some decent players on ACU who also practice hard and claw and scratch and give it their all to look good.

Edited by outoftown