DRC: 5 takeaways from UNT's press conference

Brett Vito

46 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

They Say anything about Mason's Hammy? We relied on the run last Saturday because he couldn't get a good push off his back leg or at least that's what someone said

More like threw off his back leg because of the problem with the plant leg.  Seemed to hamper his follow through.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Withers940 said:

They Say anything about Mason's Hammy? We relied on the run last Saturday because he couldn't get a good push off his back leg or at least that's what someone said

His plant (front) leg.  Good quarterback technique basically uses this leg to help generate more power in throws, at least that's the way I understand it.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.  But there was noticeably less zip on the ball and he still was gimpy on the leg after some throws last Saturday.  Hammy's can linger too, from what I've heard.

That being said, I think Mason did a fantastic job at recognizing he couldn't put the same power behind his throws and adjusted accordingly.  Our receivers are going to need to create good separation to help Mason out to ensure a good outcome this weekend.

2 hours ago, Brett Vito said:

UNT defensive lineman T.J. Tauaalo delivered an impromptu locker room speech following the game. He implored his teammates to regain the focus they showed earlier in the season.

Tauaalo gained the respect of his teammates in the process. UNT quarterback Mason Fine said that Littrell added Tauaalo to the Mean Green's lineup of captains because of the leadership he showed.

tenor.gif&key=2dd7c5f5b72a2e5ddd750ee4cf

• Upvote 1