Play calling

mgfan

Graham Harrell and his playing calling on the second quarter were terrible.  Why did we get away from running the ball.  Terrible! Then on 2rd down late in the 4th and goes for deep.  That deep ball only worked once.  His playing calling is very suspect at times! 

And why are we doing stupid trick plays were our qb gets hit! 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, mgfan said:

Graham Harrell and his playing calling on the second quarter were terrible.  Why did we get away from running the ball.  Terrible! Then on 2rd down late in the 4th and goes for deep.  That deep ball only worked once.  His playing calling is very suspect at times! 

And why are we doing stupid trick plays were our qb gets hit! 

Just kept asking those around me this question - and especially when Fine was getting flushed out of the pocket play after play after play.  Then in the fourth quarter we started having more success running the ball again.

1 hour ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

The most UNT thing I’ve ever seen. 

I thought it was when the cheerleaders were trying to get the Norrh Texas chant going when everyone was only interested in watching the replay of the failed 2 point conversion.   Just horrendous timing.  Besides it’s always better when it starts organically and when it did tonight, it was A W E S O M E!!

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

26 minutes ago, keith said:

I thought it was when the cheerleaders were trying to get the Norrh Texas chant going when everyone was only interested in watching the replay of the failed 2 point conversion.   Just horrendous timing.  Besides it’s always better when it starts organically and when it did tonight, it was A W E S O M E!!

I was so confused. The fans were really into it and booing and then Ashley Pickle walks out and starts a dance off.... that really killed the fans heat. 

I am still confused by that whole 2 point conversion because it looked 100% good to everyone around us, but some guy said you can’t challange two point conversions? 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I was so confused. The fans were really into it and booing and then Ashley Pickle walks out and starts a dance off.... that really killed the fans heat. 

I am still confused by that whole 2 point conversion because it looked 100% good to everyone around us, but some guy said you can’t challange two point conversions? 

Well, that some guy is an idiot...Because you can. 

The conversion was for sure not definite. But it 100% warranted a lengthy review. That was bad marketing for the marketing team to jump out there with their normal BS shenanigans. Give the fans the time to boo and hopefully convince a review to take place. 

1 minute ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Well, that some guy is an idiot...Because you can. 

The conversion was for sure not definite. But it 100% warranted a lengthy review. That was bad marketing for the marketing team to jump out there with their normal BS shenanigans. Give the fans the time to boo and hopefully convince a review to take place. 

So if you can review then why didn’t we?  It looked clear from the angle we saw that the ball crossed the line before his lower body went down. I wish somebody would post the video because that is the difference in the game right there. 

• Upvote 1

I personally don't think he was in. But I'm a human person not a robot or motion frame by frame camera. Apparently, all "scoring" or "lined to gain" plays are automatically reviewed "upstairs." So, whoever was "upstairs" determined on his own probable half sleeping and half beating off accord, that it was not sufficient enough for a 'real' review. 

Edited by NorthTexasWeLove

1 minute ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I personally don't think he was in. But I'm a human person not a robot or motion frame by frame camera. Apparently, all "scoring" or "lined to gain" plays are automatically reviewed "upstairs." So, whoever was "upstairs" determined on his own probable half sleeping and half beating off accord, that it was not sufficient enough for a 'real' review. 

That’s crazy because even at that time if was a huge play and a very iffy call.

Lets just blame the people who went onto the field to lighten the mood that took the crowd out of it. More boos would have been nice.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

That’s crazy because even at that time if was a huge play and a very iffy call.

Lets just blame the people who went onto the field to lighten the mood that took the crowd out of it. More boos would have been nice.

Meh. Not crazy. Their call. Bad no call to not review, but their call to make. 

CRAZY would be out ST coach not ciphering through the on field commotion to find whatever returner is being sent out to field a definite pooch punt with :38 seconds left in the half to, NOT TOUCH THE BALL. Now, to me, that's bat shit crazy. 

• Haha 1