Liberty Game to be Streamed

UNT 90 Grad

6 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Found the Liberty student... 😂

I went and looked this whole thing up and found data that thoroughly contradicts that assertion of increased student binge drinking.  I mean, hey, I was a college student in the early 90s when we could still get away with stuff like openly advertised parties open to the public.  

But you know, there's always going to be segments of the population who see a discarded wine cork on the side of the freeway and see it as a sure sign of the end. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

I'd like to see some statistics comparing before & after the feds forced all of the states to up the drinking age from 18 to 21.  My suspicions are that college students learned to control their drinking earlier when it wasn't forbidden.

13 minutes ago, Stix said:

I'd like to see some statistics comparing before & after the feds forced all of the states to up the drinking age from 18 to 21.  My suspicions are that college students learned to control their drinking earlier when it wasn't forbidden.

Culture is an interesting beast.  I'm from one of those hippie moonbeam states out west.  I'm watching a major cultural shift going on out there. 

Drink a beer?  ALCOHOLIC!

Light a cigarette?  CANCER CAUSER KILLING THE NEXT THREE GENERATIONS OF MY OFFSPRING!

Put some wax on the tip of your joint and light it up in the vestibule of a church during Sunday school?  NATURAL MEDICINE AND SOUL CLEANSING AGENT OF EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD!

These are times I never thought I would see.  Culture out west is completely 180 degrees from what I knew when I was young.  It's all societal peer pressure driven by relentless marketing I supposed.

Out here in Texas, just kinda watching my own daughter at UNT right now (granted she's under-aged and in a very protected program), there just doesn't seem to be much emphasis on intoxication.  It happens, but it's hardly the foundation of student life that I observed in my undergrad days so many years ago. 

Nonetheless, there will always be a few select zero tolerance individuals out there who once saw an open can of Keystone in the parking lot of a Rangers game, and decided that was hard evidence that the entire country is going to Hell in a had basket. 

3 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Nonetheless, there will always be a few select zero tolerance individuals out there who once saw an open can of Keystone in the parking lot of a Rangers game, and decided that was hard evidence that the entire country is going to Hell in a had basket. 

Related image

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

I was more worried when someone didn't bring a 30 Key back to the fraternity house daily in college.  Did someone die? Did Nationals finally shut us down? Did Coors go out of business?

Most of us all grew up into successful adults.  🤷🏼‍♂️

• Haha 1