DRC: UNT coaches, administrators feel momentum building at final caravan stop

Brett Vito

10 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

The school's athletic department brought in $8.9 million in its last yearly fundraising period, up from the previous record of $4.7 million.”

$8.9 million.  That’s an impressive number for NT.

It is good for NT, but still 10x less than others in the state unfortunately.

We desperately need that to keep trending up.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

A win over Arkansas would be massive in terms of cultivating new donors.  

Rick

Indeed.    But to maximize that potential, we need the first 2 games to go as-planned too.

Smash SMU at home to open the season and set the tone.  Make this a 2-score-plus win.

Make it painfully obvious the next week that UIW was paid to be here.  Complete control from whistle to whistle.

THEN take care of business, by whatever means necessary, in Arkansas.

The remainder of the season will be close to sellouts, if not sold out.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, FirefightnRick said:

A win over Arkansas would be massive in terms of cultivating new donors.  

Rick

Not being sarcastic here: what makes you think that? The only thing I can think of is that you've actually met people who have stated they are waiting for a big P5 win.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

Not being sarcastic here: what makes you think that? The only thing I can think of is that you've actually met people who have stated they are waiting for a big P5 win.

To your point, I happened to be in a suite for the game last year vs UTSA with some friends that hadn’t been to a game in awhile.  As the final miracle drive started to take shape,  a few commented to some athletic department employees, if we score and win I am going to write you a check.  While they have plenty of money, no checks have yet been written to my knowledge.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, meangreanmick said:

To your point, I happened to be in a suite for the game last year vs UTSA with some friends that hadn’t been to a game in awhile.  As the final miracle drive started to take shape,  a few commented to some athletic department employees, if we score and win I am going to write you a check.  While they have plenty of money, no checks have yet been written to my knowledge.

Maybe they need a gentle reminder.

• Upvote 1