Florida International (1/27/18)

CMJ

Not a well played game by any means, but a victory and that is what counts.  I don't think I have seen a NT team with this many close games;.  

Horrible executed plays at the end of game and ot.   Woolridge and Draper were the heroes, but again a maximum effort from most.  This team is so short handed, but still has been in nearly every game.   

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

I know Benford did not set the bar high but I think Grant might lead to this team to its best record in the last five years.  Benford best conference win record was eight wins.  I think this teams beats that number this year and the team will beat Benford's best season wins  over the last five years.  

Grant took over a team that did not make the conference tournament last year.  He had very few hold overs from last years team.  What gets me really excited it is how young we are.  

We do need to get someone who can relieve Ryan on the court once in a while.  We put a lot of pressure on him and depend on him at the end of the games.  The guy never comes off the court.  He does get a little sloppy at the end of the games sometimes but I think it has more to do with fatigue then talent.  He is a great player to have on the team he just needs a little help to let him rest once in a while.  I dont think he has missed a minute on the court this year.  

FIU leads the league in steals but we made a lot of lazy passes last night.  I am excited for the team, the coach and the fans.  Nice to hear the crowd get into the games again.

This team never quits.  Thank you to Wren for getting us a real basketball coach!

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1