LA Tech Game Thread

AustinFromUNT

If our offense is not the high octane scoring machine every game I'm not sure who we can beat.   How damn frustrating.  Seems our years of not recruiting toward a great university and stadium is really catching up with us this Fall no matter what our record.  (Thanks, McCarney). You have to recruit to have a defense, too. Who said offense wins football games (many times)  but a great defense wins championships? 

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

The late QB TD Run by LT, why did EJ just try pushing him down and not hitting the QB! 

This defense has been good at times, and bad at others

No, this is irrelevant. If our coach was doing a million dollar job from the sideline he would've simply called a TO. That's all he had to do, nothing more. But he sat on his TO's like he ignorantly has all year. And he gave La Tech 7 points. He did this. I mean does he think LaTech is awkwardly going balls to the wall in an awkward formation to get a play off just because? This is called being out coached. LaTech saw it and told their team to go 100mph to the LOS. Meanwhile, UNT coaches chasing butterflies on the sideline. 

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

If our offense is not the high octane scoring machine every game I'm not sure who we can beat.   How damn frustrating.  Seems our years of not recruiting toward a great school and stadium is really catching up with us this Fall no matter what our record.  You have to recruit to have a defense, too. 

Not exactly teeing it high, etc.

• Thanks 1

I do not think that the team is being outplayed, I think they are being out-coached. It is obvious that we have more talent than they do. Their coaches made in game adjustments and ours did not. Why does Wilson not have more touches? Quit allowing Mason to make so many decisions. He is still a young QB. Let him make those decisions against teams like Rice and UTEP. He keeps reading the zone read incorrectly and getting crushed. Just give the damn rock to Wilson. Why no timeout on that fumble? It's like SL thinks he can have 6 timeouts in the 2nd half. To me that all leads back to coaching. I understand the staff is young and are learning together. With the exception of Reffett and Langston, they are pretty young. Reffett should know better by now and know how to make in game adjustments. Flusche gets his helmet ripped off and no flag. SL should be working the hell out of the officials. I still think this is a great staff with a lot of upside, it's just frustrating to watch them learn on the job. 

Edited by Venson
Grammar correction
  • Downvote 1

Just now, BTG_Fan1 said:

If you had told me this is how we would play LT before the season I would be happy, but this is a subpar game so far from what we have seen... 

Wilson is playing determined and looks bigger

Quit trying to sugarcoat this bullshit man. No way to do that. LT is not a good team right now. And we, currently, are worse. 

The whole cliche "At the beginning of the year if you would've told me we _____" is such a cop out to accept shitty results. We are better than what we are playing like. The coaching staff is doing a bad job. They are not paying attention and offensively lost while not using simple common sense tactics. 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2