DRC: Prediction -- UNT's trip to Iowa will not go well for Mean Green

Brett Vito

The coaches have prepared our men well this week and, before they leave the locker room, SL will give the most motivational speech he has ever given.  When the players get up to take the field, the looks on their faces will leave no doubt what they traveled to Iowa to do:

th?id=OIP.xEax4LEbWX-0l-Dv9QntzwEsDA&pid

Edited by EagleMBA

Can I hope that it is at least respectable?  That is all I think anyone can ask from a pay-check game like this along with limited injuries.  Some fine day we should look forward to presenting more of a concern to the p5 teams.  But for now just a respectable showing ala Georgia/Florida would be very encouraging and helpful...

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Can I hope that it is at least respectable?  That is all I think anyone can ask from a pay-check game like this along with limited injuries.  Some fine day we should look forward to presenting more of a concern to the p5 teams.  But for now just a respectable showing ala Georgia/Florida would be very encouraging and helpful...

Actually, the long term the plan should be no paycheck game and play their ass in a bowl game....

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2

I guess I am counting on Iowa coming out pretty flat and for us to get out to a good start. I am not looking for special team scores, but definitely can't shoot ourselves in the foot either. 

Spread the field, throw it all over and then sprinkle in some opportune runs. 

I hope we are back to full strength with our top 3 LBs. 

My goal is for it to be a one possession game at any point in the second half and see what happens. 

Now, if Iowa comes out focused and just uses their brute strength from the start to overpower us then all bets are of. I don't think(hope) they will do that. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, UNT Mean Green said:

Protect Mason long enough to throw deep and get our dynamic guys (Darden, Smith, Johnson, etc.) in matchups on those big LB's where they have to run with them across or down the field.

That is more or less what is going to decide our season.  I can't say my hopes are very high right now, they haven't been since Lamar.   We beat them like a drum, but Fine still ended up having to scramble, get knocked downed, and was even sacked.  

I am not sure the SMU QB even got his uniform sweaty vs SFA.   Set my expectations.  

20 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

This is what worries me this week.  Iowa has a DE that, as the announcers during the Iowa/Iowa State game mentioned, is more talented than any player they have recruited at that position.  He has the ability to make Lawler from SMU look pedestrian.  Murray will have his hands full.  

http://247sports.com/player/a-j-epenesa-36208

is he considerably better than anyone else on their D-Line? we could just double-team him the whole game then, right?

oh wait...

3 hours ago, Cerebus said:

That is more or less what is going to decide our season.  I can't say my hopes are very high right now, they haven't been since Lamar.   We beat them like a drum, but Fine still ended up having to scramble, get knocked downed, and was even sacked.  

I am not sure the SMU QB even got his uniform sweaty vs SFA.   Set my expectations.  

Exactly my feelings. Whenever Lamar brought pressure, we couldn't handle it. We'll go as far as this Oline takes us.

I want to win, but I don't think we are likely to do so. I do want us to at least TRY to win and that is something I do expect. 

I honestly want no injuries for either team at every game, always! That said, playing "not to get hurt" often leads to more injuries. Instead of just playing to the best of one's abilities, the players then try to calculate risks and that quickly gets into too much thought which leads to bad techniques which leads to injuries. 

• Lovely Take 1