The Problem.

MGNation92

On 9/9/2017 at 11:15 PM, Ben Gooding said:

Yeah.  I sat top 1st level behind the goal post. No one else literally around me (7-8 rows in all directions) cheered except for 1 dude for like 1 quarter. When I can hear me by myself doing that dumb humming/scream on 3rd down and I catch looks, that's a monumental program. I sat there a few moments tonight pretty much telling myself that this is the best it can get and to choose to stick around I'll just have to go numb it all and zombie out to games or just pack up shop. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. And for the one's who say it was to "restructure"...uh, uh, BS. 

I was in section 114 row 15 screaming the entire time till I left at the beginning of the 4th quarter because at that point it was stupid.  I had a person come up to me and ask "can i have a picture with you because i love your spirit."

After the muffed punt it was so obvious they would take a shot, i mean who wouldnt its a FREE possession.  But our defense didnt know... weird

2 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

This just doesn't seem like a natural thing to do. On 3rd and inches or goal to go throw the ball. Run a screen? Chunk a wheel route 20 yards downfield for an inch conversion. I mean if the defense is presenting that to you, sure I guess. I don't even want them to run true run plays from center. Just QB sneaks for touchdowns and  3rd and inches conversions. 

I think we're turning into a worse version of Texas Tech with lesser athletes. 

Firstly, I want the run offense to get one single yard in order to avoid having to have this entire conversation. Whether it be out of shotgun or a qb dive under center. The inside zone was a disaster. Nic Smith likely made the best run inside for 4 yards.

If inside zone isn't working because the o-line is getting beat so badly, why continue to run inside zone? You can't switch a wide split line, shotgun/pistol team to suddenly go under center. How many reps under center will you allow at practice for a play you may not even run? I doubt they ever practice under center snaps. Fine is sitting close to 70% completion because they're giving him high percentage plays. I'm comfortable with high percentage plays.

Wilson had nowhere to go inside. If they continued to attack the inside with 0 success, who would that remind you of?

6 minutes ago, Aldo said:

Firstly, I want the run offense to get one single yard in order to avoid having to have this entire conversation. Whether it be out of shotgun or a qb dive under center. The inside zone was a disaster. Nic Smith likely made the best run inside for 4 yards.

If inside zone isn't working because the o-line is getting beat so badly, why continue to run inside zone? You can't switch a wide split line, shotgun/pistol team to suddenly go under center. How many reps under center will you allow at practice for a play you may not even run? I doubt they ever practice under center snaps. Fine is sitting close to 70% completion because they're giving him high percentage plays. I'm comfortable with high percentage plays.

Wilson had nowhere to go inside. If they continued to attack the inside with 0 success, who would that remind you of?

McCarney? No Dodge, wait Dickey? I give up

• Haha 2