Who will "Breakout" against SMUt?

UNTLifer

My picks:

Coach Reffett: He will have the defense primed and ready with some surprises for the Ponies.

Kemon Hall: big game from the new CB.  I also expect big things from McClain, but Hall will be our breakout player in the D backfield.

Hambone: 2 big sacks

Caleb Chumley on offense.

6 minutes ago, GOMG2013 said:

If we plan on winning, it needs to be Fine.

I agree with this. I believe they are going to put their effort into stopping the run game and challenge Fine to beat them.  Their secondary is young, so if they have success stuffing the run game, Fine will need to show that he can beat them with his arm.  

49 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

My picks:

Coach Reffett: He will have the defense primed and ready with some surprises for the Ponies.

Kemon Hall: big game from the new CB.  I also expect big things from McClain, but Hall will be our breakout player in the D backfield.

Hambone: 2 big sacks

Caleb Chumley on offense.

UHM.... dont you forget about my son:

image.png.1eb6c1f6cc6dd793c5b490b7ca938d04.png

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

I agree with this. I believe they are going to put their effort into stopping the run game and challenge Fine to beat them.  Their secondary is young, so if they have success stuffing the run game, Fine will need to show that he can beat them with his arm.  

And, we've yet to see him really show his break away speed (this year)  if the pocket collapses.so, dual threat     

OL pass protection has to be seriously improved from last week.  Mason was under a lot of pressure against a Lamar front and stepping up and making great throws in spite of that.  If we are as porous this week a more talented pony front will be a huge issue.  Also, we have to get a good pass rush on D.  All about the pass rush in either side of the ball. 

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Is he ready to go?  I haven't heard.

I'm thinking Guyton will MUCH MORE involved in this game than he was VS Lamar.   I also agree that the TEs are going to break out this week (as long as the running game is working).

I would like to see Guyton step up, but this is his 2nd D1 game.. Let's hope he can be the top dog in the WR room