Sat. (March 25) Practice Time??

4MYMGE

I'm curious - where was the stage set up?  The two configurations I can think of would be:

- On the 50 yard line facing the Alumni side

- In the north end zone, facing the Wing

15 minutes ago, Stix said:

I'm curious - where was the stage set up?  The two configurations I can think of would be:

- On the 50 yard line facing the Alumni side

- In the north end zone, facing the Wing

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Stix said:

actually... South end zone, in front of the video board...

was that just a tarp, or some kind of temporary floor?

folding chairs?

I think they put out some type of modular flooring that went over the turf to protect it. I didn't go to the concert so I don't know if there were any chairs. From a few pictures I saw, I didn't see any.

On 3/24/2017 at 3:57 PM, MeanGreenTexan said:

No.   It wasn't designed to be for everyone.   Only students and Alumni Assoc. members.

This was definitely not just for Students and Alumni.

5 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Apogee does not provide an intimate setting.  Either way, it has been explained to me that EYB wanted a show just for students and staff as a "thank you" for their time at UNT.

This also isn't true. The EYB concert was a cap off for the Wingspan Gala that was running all night, but it itself was open to anyone and everyone. Now, it definitely was not promoted as well as it should have been. That's for sure.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Apogee does not provide an intimate setting.  Either way, it has been explained to me that EYB wanted a show just for students and staff as a "thank you" for their time at UNT.

1.  IMHO, an open air stadium does not provide an intimate setting.  The Murchison would be an intimate setting, the Auditorium would be an intimate setting, but a 30,000 seat stadium, to me, doesn't qualify as intimate.

2. A very active member of the alumni association explained to me that EYB wanted the show for students, alumni and staff as a way to give back.  There is nothing wrong with that, but that was the reason given to me as to why it was not promoted.

For those that attended, how was the concert?  Was Apogee a good setting?  I would love to hear some details.

• Downvote 2