Denton Record Chronicle

UNTLifer

Yes, the DRC will have a very nice tabloid on North Texas & the HOD Bowl game 2 days before the bowl game.  Actually.....good timing !

The FW Star Telegram with their on again/off again coverage of North Texas has been slim with their coverage, but  (of course) their sports staff is so much slimmer than it used to be due to the internet I suppose.

GMG!

PS:  We are getting good coverage on GMG.com, though, and its membership is world-wide. {:>) 

REMEMBER? 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, MeanGreenDan said:

I kind of agree. The bowl special on Christmas Day is nice, but but an insert in one edition does not make up for week(s) with little to nothing.

The paper should support the hometown team and understand the benefit of promoting the game to their subscribers.  Yes, Plumm, coverage on here is always good but we are the people that follow and always support the program.  The DRC should help in driving more people to the games and understand the benefit of UNT to Denton and the area.  If has been this way forever.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

The paper should support the hometown team and understand the benefit of promoting the game to their subscribers.  Yes, Plumm, coverage on here is always good but we are the people that follow and always support the program.  The DRC should help in driving more people to the games and understand the benefit of UNT to Denton and the area.  If has been this way forever.

The DRC reflects its readers--however few that may be these days. But this is what I was talking about on the basketball thread about Denton not supporting our athletics. They never have and they probably never will.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

9 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

The DRC reflects its readers--however few that may be these days. But this is what I was talking about on the basketball thread about Denton not supporting our athletics. They never have and they probably never will.

Does FTWorth support TCU?

15 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

The DRC influences its readers.  When it devalues UNT athletics, then the citizens of Denton devalue UNT athletics.  Not the other way around.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

3 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

Does FTWorth support TCU?

They always have--but Ft. Worth doesn't split its allegiances between two schools and, most importantly, it doesn't loathe football or basketball...for too many in Denton, these sports are just plain awful and they believe it takes away from the arts and music of the town.

6 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

The DRC influences its readers.  When it devalues UNT athletics, then the citizens of Denton devalue UNT athletics.  Not the other way around.

If that was true, the DRC would change its coverage and make that view well-known. Instead, it appeals to its readers, mostly older or more liberal-minded people who still read a newspaper or go to their website. Those readers aren't real keen on UNT Athletics--see your average Denia resident...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

27 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

They always have--but Ft. Worth doesn't split its allegiances between two schools and, most importantly, it doesn't loathe football or basketball...for too many in Denton, these sports are just plain awful and they believe it takes away from the arts and music of the town.

If that was true, the DRC would change its coverage and make that view well-known. Instead, it appeals to its readers, mostly older or more liberal-minded people who still read a newspaper or go to their website. Those readers aren't real keen on UNT Athletics--see your average Denia resident...

I agree with your first part but I have gone to numerous art and music venues and Denton people don't really support that either. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

18 hours ago, Marty said:

Bottom of today's DMN sports section:

IMG_0466.JPG

After seeing that ad in the DRC, I'm curious about who actually put that graphic design together. 

"First Downs. First Responders. First Bowl Game To Thank First Responders."     Alright that's great to see. 

But shouldn't there be something more clear about the FREE TICKETS available for said First Responders? I'd plaster that on every bit of HOD advertising.

• Upvote 3

On 12/22/2016 at 6:10 AM, PlummMeanGreen said:

Yes, the DRC will have a very nice tabloid on North Texas & the HOD Bowl game 2 days before the bowl game.  Actually.....good timing !

The FW Star Telegram with their on again/off again coverage of North Texas has been slim with their coverage, but  (of course) their sports staff is so much slimmer than it used to be due to the internet I suppose.

GMG!

PS:  We are getting good coverage on GMG.com, though, and its membership is world-wide. {:>) 

REMEMBER? 

On 12/22/2016 at 8:49 AM, UNTLifer said:

Agreed. Promoting the game to people who are already interested enough to keep up with things is a great service to existing fans, but doesn't do anything to generate interest among people who aren't already looking for info and usually following the team in the first place.