Cheat or Go Home

Caw Caw

14 hours ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Or, anyone.  We just had an election pitting a guy who created a fake university against a lady who sold access to the U.S. government through a "foundation."

Unfortunately, I think FBS college football is becoming as "idiocracy" as politics.

Since our law school is not accredited, is it a fake?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

10 hours ago, UTSA Fan said:

If you graduate, can you take and pass the bar and then practice law? If so, I wouldn't characterize it as fake.

I don't see a definition for "approved law school," but assuming that means accreditation, then at present, yes, it is fake.  From the rules of eligibility for taking the Texas Bar Exam, Rule 3:

If an Applicant graduated from a law school that was not an approved law school when the Applicant enrolled and was not an approved law school when the Applicant graduated , the Applicant is not a graduate of an approved law school even if the law school later became or becomes an approved law school.

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Monkeypox said:

This has been the new thing the last few years. Good news is, it's not cheating. Bad news is, even if we were allowed to spend the same money as an A&M, we don't have it.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/texas-am-aggies-paid-nearly-60-grand-top-nfl-prospect-cedric-ogbuehi-071614

Not sure how that falls into the "not cheating" category. Just another loop hole created by the NCAA to help their cash cows I suppose. 

We don't have the money to keep an offensive lineman here an additional year and I would hope they wouldn't spend it on something so fruitless and dumb. 

However, if we were to ever land a stud QB and he blossoms into a nice draft pick, I would hope we would shell out some dough to keep him another year if he was leaning to go NFL early. A real QB, like a real one, would F this conference up. 

Edited by Ben Gooding

On December 13, 2016 at 8:23 PM, FirefightnRick said:

ACC conference fines Lousville and Virginia Tech $25K for their involvement.  

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/acc-fines-louisville-and-virginia-tech-25k-for-getting-wakeyleaks-info-222921884.html

Rick

2 hours ago, Monkeypox said:

Wow! $25k. And here I thought they would just get a slap on the wrist. 

I was thinking about that 25K fine the NBA imposed on Dwayne Wade in October.  His current contract with the Bulls is 47 Million for 2 seasons.  Assuming 82 games in an NBA season, that means he gets $286,585.37 per game, or $5,970 PER MINUTE of play.

Obviously, there is a lot behind that money: a lifetime of preparation and basketball IQ, daily workouts and preparations, etc.

Having said that, it takes Dwayne less than 5 minutes of game-time appearances to equate to the "fine."

I wonder how much Louisville cares that they got slapped for $25K.

• Upvote 1

On 11/30/2016 at 11:04 AM, letsgiveacheer said:

That makes me sad. They really should operate under different standards, as they are intended to be preparing the finest the military can offer. I did read the comments that didn't support the writer, but they still didn't appear to cover all of the bases that he did. My son is considering AFA early on. However...I would expect him to not fit with any mediocrity currently allowed by the Academies' administrations. Either way...it sounds like they could all use a bit of an overhaul...and not really a major one, just a few key adjustments that could have major effects.

On 12/1/2016 at 0:08 PM, GreenMachine said:

Since our law school is not accredited, is it a fake?

On 12/1/2016 at 8:32 PM, UTSA Fan said:

If you graduate, can you take and pass the bar and then practice law? If so, I wouldn't characterize it as fake.

On 12/2/2016 at 7:11 AM, southsideguy said:

The whole concept of the UNT law school is strange to me.  It is for students who could not get into other law schools?  Close it down and put the resources into the main campus.

On 12/2/2016 at 7:08 AM, oldguystudent said:

I don't see a definition for "approved law school," but assuming that means accreditation, then at present, yes, it is fake.  From the rules of eligibility for taking the Texas Bar Exam, Rule 3:

I judged a Moot Court tournament at our law school last year and asked about the accreditation issue. New law schools have a few years to meet criteria for accreditation. If they don't become accredited, there are accredited schools that will provide credit if the students take capstone and leveling classes and stuff like that. If you graduate before accreditation is complete, there are similar options. I didn't look everything up to see how accurate these claims were. Also, we can't take law school money and dump it into the main campus. It's a different set of state budgets, so doing that would be an illegal violation of state finance code.

On 12/13/2016 at 7:41 PM, Monkeypox said:

This has been the new thing the last few years. Good news is, it's not cheating. Bad news is, even if we were allowed to spend the same money as an A&M, we don't have it.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/texas-am-aggies-paid-nearly-60-grand-top-nfl-prospect-cedric-ogbuehi-071614

*nurses' aides. Geez. "Professional writing" annoys me more all the time.

Edited by JesseMartin