MGB breaking news -- UNT standout likely done for year

Brett Vito

2 hours ago, HoustonEagle said:

Just don’t think JW has the body for his style of play.  Maybe we should consider moving him into the slot next year?  I love him at running back but his history hear indicates he can’t stay healthy in that position.  

Someone tweaks there knee requiring him to have surgery and that means his body can't stand up to the workload?  Some people have a hard time staying healthy maybe thats Wilson.  I heard he made a cut and something didn't feel right, nothing to do with not being able to handle the workload.  

He has 142 carries for 833 and 13 TD's on the year with 22 catches for 190 totalling 164 touches on the season, that was with him not playing against WKU and WKU back having 18 carries and 1 catch.   If we had another back for Wilson to share a little bit of the load with we would be in good shape.  Problem is the next best back (no knock on him) is Ivery and he is not a between the Tackle runner. Not to mention a very sub par OL blocking in front of them.  

Comparitively Anthony Wales of WKU has 153 for 1,057 18 TD's, and 19 catches for 149 yards

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt from A700 said:

What if it's for a chance to secure bowl eligibility?

Nothing is worth the future health and welfare of any of our players. I wouldn't allow it without full medical clearance.

• Upvote 4