North Texas Beats Baylor...

CMJ

Rogers is the only point guard we have at the moment that can push the ball the way JJ wants us to. He can be inconsistent though, and that's when you see Roniger, who played great tonight as well. Great game from both our point men.

Baylor had two big runs- one to open the game and another to come back from the big lead we had on them. Both runs were predicated on sloppy basketball and bad passes from NT. We played smart the rest of the game and it was good enough.

We caught fire tonight from downtown. We always knew that Leonard and Jerome could knock it down from outside, but isn't it great to see the team clicking like that?

I was proud of the way we played defense tonight, it was at the intensity level we did not see very much last year, but saw it alot the year before. I was starting to worry that Jermaine Green was the heart of the team, but other guys stepped up in his place and I would like to say GREAT JOB to WILL SMITH. Hustling everywhere, going balls out on defesne, just what this team needs.

The crowd that was there really got into the game and gave our guys a lift. If you missed the game, you missed a helluva time.

BIG thanks to DoubleEagle for letting me use his tickets to see my buddy play. Robbie had a foul, rebound, and airball tongue.gif. He made it this far though, and that is amazing enough itself.

Baylor is hurting, and they will be back, make no mistake about it.

attendance wasnt as nice i expected...but the students section actually looked decent and we were loud!!! fun game to be at....My little section of friends had a blast at the game...my only complaint would be when the game was close we wanted to stand up and be loud and the students behind just complained....And Ironman....nice little dance after that huge Rogers three in the second half....

Roniger can pass like crazy.....In the first half he had that one dish up under the bucket....and if he could have only connected on the attempted oop....that kids has some skills but it hurt to see him pass up on a few wide open shots.....Just Pull it Scotty! We still will cheer if you miss....We ran into him at Wendy's after the HS (hardin simmons...or high school...your call) game and he was a really cool guy...overall tonite was a FUN nite at the pit....my grade on my 8 o clock final may suffer because of it but we just thumped baylor again...that a sweep! FB and basketball.....screw finals! GMG!

Ironman, I agree about the Will Smith comment...

He was hustling and moving around... Going for everything and not letting up.. he gets the game ball.

I loved seeing Hopkins get his touch back.. very nice.. i hope this is a coming out game that sets the stage for the rest of the season...

Ty Thomas, Harris, Degrate, Jones all had a great game going for the ball..

I think the reason Roniger was taken out was because of a few not-so-smart plays and also the fact that there were a few times that he was open for the shot and would not take it.. (that is very frustrating, when he has the shot but doesn't take it)

My only hope is that Rogers will be more consistent this year in his shooting... He is a streaky guy.. but we need somebody who can give us that outside shot to compliment our new addition of Johnson.

Holy crap was it an effort to get into that game. Probably a wind chill of about -15 degrees outside...

I got there only to realize they don't take debit/credit cards -- duh. So I had to run to the chevron to get some cash. The things I do for this team.. rolleyes.gif

Anyway I finally made it to the game to walk right past Darrel Dickey in his suave brown suit. Sat down and thought that the crowd was not great, but not too bad. Was MUCH better for the last ULL game last year.

An entirely exiting game, though. My "play of the game" had to be the shot block that was a smack down - then the subequent fast break slam.. Greatness biggrin.gif

My "play of the game" had to be the shot block that was a smack down - then the subequent fast break slam.. Greatness

That block and ensuing slam was brought to you by Matt Sayman, the Jeremy McFall of Baylor basketball. I don't know what he thought he was doing driving the lane, but I'm sure glad he did. Go Mean Green!