MGB: Preseason All-C-USA team out

Brett Vito

Probably can't expect more on a preseason list.

Kirby might have made it if he was still here. Wilson should be considered as well. (maybe injuries hurt him this time?)

Goree and Rice could be in contention for the postseason team. Maybe along with Moore and an extra defender?

Edited by Army of Dad
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

Probably can't expect more on a preseason list.

Kirby might have made it if he was still here. Wilson should be considered as well. (maybe injuries hurt him this time?)

Goree and Rice could be in contention for the postseason team. Maybe along with Moore and an extra defender?

2 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

One of my pet peeves.   All star teams at any level that contain more players than there are on a team.   

There are countless high school all district teams which nearly every senior starter is on the first team all district.  Cheapens the honor to next to nothing. 

There were 6 RBs on the list & 10 OL.  This list is kinda like the little participation trophies they give kids in kid-soccer.

5 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

I'm not sure that either could be effectively argued for inclusion on the preseason team.

Keena shared punting duties last season...

Keena, I see but Roberts? He deserves to be in there.

Although I kind of love that only one of our guys is on there. This gives them a chip on their shoulder and hopefully they play possessed this season and kick some butt on D

3 hours ago, Withers940 said:

Keena, I see but Roberts? He deserves to be in there.

Although I kind of love that only one of our guys is on there. This gives them a chip on their shoulder and hopefully they play possessed this season and kick some butt on D

6.5 sacks, 31 total tackles. Very good, but not so outstanding that he couldn't get overlooked for a preseason team.