MGB: Marshall invited to Seahawks rookie camp on tryout basis

BOL to him. He's got the speed and size that they're looking for so it's up to him. The truth is the truth, but has Vito ever ended an article without an NT negative?

"It’s an opportunity only a few UNT players have received through the years."

Please define "few" and "through the years" next time.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, foutsrouts said:

BOL to him. He's got the speed and size that they're looking for so it's up to him. The truth is the truth, but has Vito ever ended an article without an NT negative?

I feel your pain. We are all sensitive to the way our athletes seem to be ignored...I hope Jamal performs and opens their eyes. As to the negativity in the press, the truth hurts. IMO, Vito just tells it like it T-I-Is. It is now up to the current squad to start writing a different story.

1 hour ago, foutsrouts said:

Seriously. 

I've about had enough of Vito. The fact is "through the years" countless UNT players have had this exact opportunity that Marshal is getting...so....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

19 minutes ago, THOR said:

Yall care too much about what people say...

What Vtio says does not personally affect me. It just drives the dying perception of UNT down the toilet bowl ever further. And it's not as if Vito does it harshly. He does it with consistency and he's usually very subtle about it. He does nothing for promoting this program. Granted, he is a beat writer and his job is to give information to the public. In this case, it was falsified information that forms to the Vito agenda. Not only did he need or have to write that add-on, but that add-on was 100% incorrect. If he was referring to drafted players then by all means keep beating that drum, Vito. But it wasn't. It was about training camp invitations that multiple UNT kids get almost every single year. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

47 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

What Vtio says does not personally affect me. It just drives the dying perception of UNT down the toilet bowl ever further. And it's not as if Vito does it harshly. He does it with consistency and he's usually very subtle about it. He does nothing for promoting this program. Granted, he is a beat writer and his job is to give information to the public. In this case, it was falsified information that forms to the Vito agenda. Not only did he not need or have to write that add-on, but that add-on was 100% incorrect. If he was referring to drafted players then by all means keep beating that drum, Vito. But it wasn't. It was about training camp invitations that multiple UNT kids get almost every single year. 

Very true. It's almost as if he's trying to convince 16-18 year olds who might be perusing our board that they have no chance at the next level if they come to North Texas. UTSA agenda?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, eulessismore said:

Seattle has good public transportation.

Think you are missing the point. Don't really wish a whole lot of good luck on a a guy that waited one month to do the right thing. Being in a car with someone who is drunk that injures pedestrians... and runs off.... but not saying anything is equally as cowardly as the driver doing the act and running off itself. Again if this guy wasn't a UNT football player you guys might not be wishing him BOL

3 hours ago, All About UNT said:

Think you are missing the point. Don't really wish a whole lot of good luck on a a guy that waited one month to do the right thing. Being in a car with someone who's drunk that injures pedestrians and runs off but not saying anything is equally as cowardly as the driver doing the act and running off itself. Again if this guy wasn't a UNT football player you guys might not be wishing him BOL

So you want him to fail??? WTH?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

19 hours ago, foutsrouts said:

In Vito's defense, there really aren't many positives to point out, and when he does, he gets slammed for that, also (Derek Thompson Heart of Dallas Bowl MVP anyone?)

18 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Seriously. 

I've about had enough of Vito. The fact is "through the years" countless UNT players have had this exact opportunity that Marshal is getting...so....

Countless? Hardly. The count would easily be under 100 (probably under 50) in the last 10 years. And that includes ZERO draft picks. Nada. Zip. Zilch. 

Words, Ben.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

In Vito's defense, there really aren't many positives to point out, and when he does, he gets slammed for that, also (Derek Thompson Heart of Dallas Bowl MVP anyone?)

Countless? Hardly. The count would easily be under 100 (probably under 50) in the last 10 years. And that includes ZERO draft picks. Nada. Zip. Zilch. 

Words, Ben.

They are countless in the means of I can't count them all. 

And neither can you. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

They are countless in the means of I can't count them all. 

And neither can you. 

If I chose to take the time, they would be very easy to count. 

Not being able to count them and not wanting to count them are 2 very different things. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, UNT90 said:

If I chose to take the time, they would be very easy to count. 

Not being able to count them and not wanting to count them are 2 very different things. 

Since our last draft pick in 2004(?), there have been TOO MANY to WANT to count who have had the opportunity such as Marshal is having here in this situation. 

The point is, "a few through the years" is BS. 

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Since our last draft pick in 2004(?), there have been TOO MANY to WANT to count who have had the opportunity such as Marshal is having here in this situation. 

The point is, "a few through the years" is BS. 

Let's say an average of 3 per year, which is high. That's 33 players, Ben.

Not difficult and definitely not TOO MANY. 

It should be much much higher.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

14 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Let's say an average of 3 per year, which is high. That's 33 players, Ben.

Not difficult and definitely not TOO MANY. 

It should be much much higher.

Let's say? 

Let's say I'm going to win the mega millions and I don't even play the lotto. "Let's saying" doesn't make anything true. It wouldn't be difficult to count them, I agree. But it's too difficult for me to go look up 10-12 years of UDFA out of North Texas that either stuck or didn't stick. That's too much time and I don't care enough. So, I won't. 

Let's get back to the -------> . <----------

Vito bumped BS with his gums. Even IF it is "Let's say" 33, that's not "a few." His quote would be better suited to say "a few every year" rather than "a few through the years." This would be called accurate journalism. It's no wonder we can't land local players worth a damn. Their local newspaper is filled with sports garbage. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Let's say? 

Let's say I'm going to win the mega millions and I don't even play the lotto. "Let's saying" doesn't make anything true. It wouldn't be difficult to count them, I agree. But it's too difficult for me to go look up 10-12 years of UDFA out of North Texas that either stuck or didn't stick. That's too much time and I don't care enough. So, I won't. 

Let's get back to the -------> . <----------

Vito bumped BS with his gums. Even IF it is "Let's say" 33, that's not "a few." His quote would be better suited to say "a few every year" rather than "a few through the years." This would be called accurate journalism. It's no wonder we can't land local players worth a damn. Their local newspaper is filled with sports garbage. 

We can't land players because of a terrible athletic culture which has led to a terrible football team.

Is Vito responsible for that, also?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Just now, UNT90 said:

We can't land players because of a terrible athletic culture which has led to a terrible football team.

Is Vito responsible for that, also?

I get your agenda, 90. We're not talking about that right now. 

Vito is responsible for crappy journalism that was this article. He wrote it, some idiot allowed it to print. That is the only thing I am talking about right now. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

I get your agenda, 90. We're not talking about that right now. 

Vito is responsible for crappy journalism that was this article. He wrote it, some idiot allowed it to print. That is the only thing I am talking about right now. 

So you seriously think a recruit reads Bret Vito's blog and decides  where to go to college because of a POSSIBLE minor verbiage flaw at the very end of an article about a UNT player trying out for an NFL team?

This is reason #1,538,947,212 that any recruit would consider to make that decision. And there are plenty of problems in the first 1,538,947,211 reasons not to go to UNT that would come way before this.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

51 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

So you seriously think a recruit reads Bret Vito's blog and decides  where to go to college because of a POSSIBLE minor verbiage flaw at the very end of an article about a UNT player trying out for an NFL team?

This is reason #1,538,947,212 that any recruit would consider to make that decision. And there are plenty of problems in the first 1,538,947,211 reasons not to go to UNT that would come way before this.

It just pushes more bad vibes out into Denton county that already exist. 

I still see your agenda. I get it. I'm not even telling you to stop talking about it, I'm just asking you to stop talking about it on points that in absolute no way pertain to it. Like the ------------> . <--------- that I brought up. 

And to answer your question, Yes. If a local recruit is seriously interested in North Texas and he has easy access to a newspaper or knows of Vito and his articles, you better damn well believe that he will read it. Why would he not. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

23 hours ago, eulessismore said:

Seattle has good public transportation.

22 hours ago, All About UNT said:

Think you are missing the point. Don't really wish a whole lot of good luck on a a guy that waited one month to do the right thing. Being in a car with someone who is drunk that injures pedestrians... and runs off.... but not saying anything is equally as cowardly as the driver doing the act and running off itself. Again if this guy wasn't a UNT football player you guys might not be wishing him BOL

I don't really see in my post where I was wishing him a whole lot of good luck; rather I was just pointing out (from personal experience) that Seattle has good public transportation, and this could be another in a long line of reasons not to become involved in such problems as he did in Denton.  Honestly though, and without knowing all the details, I would prefer that, as well as paying whatever price for his actions, or lack thereof, he turns his life around, whether he has a career in the NFL or not.

@Brett Vito is he the only one invited to a camp so far this offseason?

Let's see since HOD, I can remember (including UDFA signings) Chancellor, Antonio Johnson, McKinney, DT, Akunne, Orr, maybe Andrew Powers. Anyone else?

That's not enough.

But hopefully this is just a dip, and with this new era, yadda yadda, we can recruit better, coach better, and send more guys to (at the very least) NFL minicamps and scout teams in the future.