Mean Green to Play Missouri in 2021

Greenrex

Great find.  Brought back some memories to me as I recall during the 1995 season this was one of our first I-A opponents.  I believe that was the year that we had every game televised with Gil Brant doing color and I forget the play by play guy.  Anyhow, this will be a tough game as Missouri has certainly elevated their program from when we played them before.  Also I am pretty sure the year we played Missouri they were still a member of the Big 8.  We lost that game 28-7.  At the time many of us were so excited to be playing with the big boys and had huge, and in hindsight probably unrealistic aspirations for the program.

11 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

haha funny...We're not big bad UCONN, after all. 

Or at Arky State, or at Toledo, or at Troy, or at Nevada, or at NM, or at Ball State, or at Bowling Green, or at Central Florida, or at all kinds of OOC places in recent years. Missouri has generally been pretty receptive to "ats" at non-P5's, but apparently our "at" is not relevant enough. Or maybe our AD is just satisfied with our acting like we're FCS? 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Greenrex said:

And the scheduling flexibility continues to decrease while the Rick Villarreal Human Trafficking of college football players (you know, compelling prostitution) continues.

Meanwhile UNT leadership sits back and allows RV to run this program into a deep canyon. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, foutsrouts said:

Or at Arky State, or at Toledo, or at Troy, or at Nevada, or at NM, or at Ball State, or at Bowling Green, or at Central Florida, or at all kinds of OOC places in recent years. Missouri has generally been pretty receptive to "ats" at non-P5's, but apparently our "at" is not relevant enough. Or maybe our AD is just satisfied with our acting like we're FCS? 

Perhaps Mizzou has changed their scheduling philosophy in light of fewer OOC slots being available given SEC teams have only 3 OOC games per year now?  Also, Mizzou got a new Athletics Director and perhaps he doesn't want to give return trips to non-P5 schools like in the past?

7 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

Perhaps Mizzou has changed their scheduling philosophy in light of fewer OOC slots being available given SEC teams have only 3 OOC games per year now?  Also, Mizzou got a new Athletics Director and perhaps he doesn't want to give return trips to non-P5 schools like in the past?

SEC still has 4 OOC games. 

9 hours ago, foutsrouts said:

Rick Villarreal told Harry on a podcast that he would rather have the whore money than play any P5 that matters at Apogee.

As long as the Hattiesburg Hustler is hustling, there will be no Mizzou  at Apogee. 

The Hattiesburg Hustler would turn it down if Mizzou offered.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

It seems to me that Missouri would do well to come to the Metroplex.  Do they have any other presence in DFW otherwise ?  I know a home-and-home has no guarantees but there is something to be said for "bringing in a big name school to Apogee."

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

Or perhaps the Hattiesburg Hustler did exactly what he said he was going to do and whored UNT out again. He has publicly stated that he didn't want to play any P5 at home and would rather have the whore money. 

Which is more likely, your scenerio or mine?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3