Rick Stansbury Likely Next WKU Head Coach

Harper finishes out his contract with 2 NCAA appearances in 5 years and finishes ahead of UNT every year he was coach. And WKU lets him go. If he had done this at UNT, the 17 and RV would have given him a contract for life. 

Some programs have standards, others have Rick Villarreal and Neal Smatresk. 

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 6

Our university doesn't know how to at least act big time, much less be big time. Never has, probably never will. Small thinking =  underachieving and a culture of losing.

Edited by Hunter Green
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Harper finishes out his contract with 2 NCAA appearances in 5 years and finishes ahead of UNT every year he was coach. And WKU lets him go. If he had done this at UNT, the 17 and RV would have given him a contract for life. 

I can't understand why someone gave you a "-1" for this very honest post that is backed by some actual facts. If they were able to counter the stated facts, I could understand giving you a "-1", but so far, no one has.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

20 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

I can't understand why someone gave you a "-1" for this very honest post that is backed by some actual facts. If they were able to counter the stated facts, I could understand giving you a "-1", but so far, no one has.

Facts: Harper resigned and Players have been suspended. Obviously something stinks. -1 again!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 7

21 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

if we don't make it to the sweet sixteen next year (as a team) rv and benford can ride into the sunset together.

We make it to the sweet 16 next year I'll personally hand deliver Benfords (2 yr max) extension. 

Full disclosure: I would give up that same sweet 16 trip to have Benford and RV gone this time next year...In a heartbeat. This is exactly what it has come to. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, southsideguy said:

if we don't make it to the sweet sixteen next year (as a team) rv and benford can ride into the sunset together.

Except they won't. People like WagTag will keep him around forever. Just because he's such a nice guy. He will be here until he wants to leave. Damndest, most dysfunctional thing I have ever seen. The only thing that matters is staying in budget at UNT. They could care less about anything else.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 7

10 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Facts: Harper resigned and Players have been suspended. Obviously something stinks. -1 again!

Facts: Almost every season, we have players suspended, but Benford hasn't resigned. I can't think of one honest person that thinks we are a good program. Obviously we stink and our administration doesn't want to fix it.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Except they won't. People like WagTag will keep him around forever. Just because he's such a nice guy. He will be here until he wants to leave. Damndest, most dysfunctional thing I have ever seen. The only thing that matters is staying in budget at UNT. They could care less about anything else.

Ahhhh 90 wrong again. I have posted for the last 2 years to fire Benford. I had floor seats for 5 years stopped 2 years ago and have not been back.

Facts are credibility, but you use your clairvoyant capacity and state it as fact. I bet you know right now what I am thinking!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

53 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Ahhhh 90 wrong again. I have posted for the last 2 years to fire Benford. I had floor seats for 5 years stopped 2 years ago and have not been back.

Facts are credibility, but you use your clairvoyant capacity and state it as fact. I bet you know right now what I am thinking!

I don't think I said one thing about Benford in that post. 

Facts are credibility...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

22 hours ago, UNT90 said:

WKU was going to resign him until he resigned after 3 of his players got suspended. He chose to leave. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 3/26/2016 at 8:20 PM, Ben Gooding said:

We make it to the sweet 16 next year I'll personally hand deliver Benfords (2 yr max) extension. 

Full disclosure: I would give up that same sweet 16 trip to have Benford and RV gone this time next year...In a heartbeat. This is exactly what it has come to. 

If we made the Sweet 16, it might be the highlight of my sports watching life.  I would give up a lot for that experience.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, UNT90 said:

I don't think I said one thing about Benford in that post. 

Facts are credibility...

You just can't keep from dragging other fans in to your hourly diatribes.  He stated facts, admit it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

You just can't keep from dragging other fans in to your hourly diatribes.  He stated facts, admit it.

And you can't help but to weirdly attack me from time to time even though we agree on just about everything.

Admit it.

I chalk your atitude up to again killing the messenger. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6