'16 OL Chandler Anthony (Oklahoma) - SIGNED LOI

BillySee58

4 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

What strengths? That is just insane talk. Did we watch the same QB last year? He guns every pass whether the target is 5 or 50 yards away and doesn't have good accuracy whether mobile or in the pocket.

Unless you are talking about going to a wildcat offense. 

He hardly ever from the pocket, and was horribly inaccurate on the run.  That is coachable.  What you can't coach, is this:

Not to mention, he's going to be infinitely more mobile than Morris, which opens up quite a nasty read-option between he and Wilson.

• Upvote 2

Note the Memphis offer:

“North Texas is just two hours from home,” Anthony said. “Being able to come back and see my brother play and have my parents come and see me play were big factors. (Offensive line) coach (BradDavis and coach Littrell will do some big things.”

Anthony, who is 6 foot 7 and 295 pounds, also had offers from Central Arkansas, Memphis, Montana and New Mexico State. He was on The Oklahoman’s Little All-City football team.

read more:. http://newsok.com/tuttles-chandler-anthony-flips-commitment-to-north-texas/article/5476099

I understand both of your arguments on the Smith issue.  However, for a guy that has a ton of talent and has been playing the QB position his whole life I've never seen a guy struggle so much with basic passing routes.  I mean a simple dump off pass was a significant issue for Smith last year.  I just think with this being his last year of playing ball its just too late to right the ship!

Edited by MeanGreenNC
  • Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

He hardly ever from the pocket, and was horribly inaccurate on the run.  That is coachable.  What you can't coach, is this:

Not to mention, he's going to be infinitely more mobile than Morris, which opens up quite a nasty read-option between he and Wilson.

I really hope that Smith has been working on all his throws and what not this offseason because if he has, its going to be fun to watch Smith & Morris compete for the starting job. I might be drinking the Green Kool-aid but Im excited to see how these two guys will push each other to make the best out of their talents.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenNC said:

I understand both of your arguments on the Smith issue.  However, for a guy that has a ton of talent and has been playing the QB position his whole life I've never seen a guy struggle so much with basic passing routes.  I mean a simple dump off pass was a significant issue for Smith last year.  I just think with this being his last year of playing ball its just too late to right the ship!

Agree.

1 hour ago, Withers940 said:

I really hope that Smith has been working on all his throws and what not this offseason because if he has, its going to be fun to watch Smith & Morris compete for the starting job. I might be drinking the Green Kool-aid but Im excited to see how these two guys will push each other to make the best out of their talents.

Chugging big ole sideline sized coolers of the kool aid is a better description...

I guess we aren't too far away from being able to see if Smith can make the necessary adjustments or not.  I just think he's got to much extra he can bring to the game (If the other areas are fixed).  He made some of the most impressive throws I have ever seen last year, in those WKU highlights around 2:40 mark he is rolling to his left and throws against his body and momentum and throws a bullet on a 12 yard out.... NOT easy, however He will follow it up by a crappy dump pass, or slant that he throws into the dirt because he is throwing off his front foot.  I do think Littrell and Harrell can get him fixed.  I really do believe that, if I am wrong so be it, but I am sure Littrell came in and saw him and went uhhh how in the Hell do you lose that many games with this guy as your QB? Here is to hoping I am right. 

• Upvote 1