Washington State On Now

H-towngreen

Thanks for the heads up. I'm already liking what I see, especially with the RBs.  I'm imagining wilson and ivery on those plays.  It's 5 wrs when that rb goes out, and he seems to go out every time.  Most of the time for the swing pass so far. 

I always wanted our backs involved in the passing game more.  Instead of that lame play action that nobody bites on.

• Upvote 2

So many different sets.  5 wide.  4 wide, single back...and the one I would like to see, 3 wide and 2 backs.  The two backs being ivery and wilson. Both can stay in for added protection, chip and go out.  Ivery can definitely be the back that can line up in the backfield or move to the slot.  Offense is going to improve a lot...even if Damarcus is the starter.

• Upvote 3

So many different sets.  5 wide.  4 wide, single back...and the one I would like to see, 3 wide and 2 backs.  The two backs being ivery and wilson. Both can stay in for added protection, chip and go out.  Ivery can definitely be the back that can line up in the backfield or move to the slot.  Offense is going to improve a lot...even if Damarcus is the starter.

Yes, its enjoyable to watch. But the voice in my head is yelling "The WSU defense is on the field too long! These guys are not going to last four quarters!".

We must find a defense or we will be screwed...and not by the prom queen.

giphy.gif

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 1

Yes, its enjoyable to watch. But the voice in my head is yelling "The WSU defense is on the field too long! These guys are not going to last four quarters!".

We must find a defense or we will be screwed...and not by the prom queen.

giphy.gif

Our defense was on the field a lot, even with mac.  They are used to it.  At least they have a chance of being on the field with a lead.

With this offense, at least we may be able to take more chances on defense too.  We can press more.  We can blitz more. Our defense will also be better prepared to cover more also because we will be going against a modern offense in practice.  

Edited by GOMG2013

Our defense was on the field a lot, even with mac.  They are used to it.  At least they have a chance of being on the field with a lead.

With this offense, at least we may be able to take more chances on defense too.  We can press more.  We can blitz more. Our defense will also be better prepared to cover more also because we will be going against a modern offense in practice.  

Palm meet face...going against a modern offense in practice? Why in the hell would we practice v the unt offense? The idiocracy of this board never stops. 

Edited by unt_rocket09
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Palm meet face...going against a modern offense in practice? Why in the hell would we practice v the unt offense? The idocracy of this board never stops. 

you do know that the 1s practice against the 2s and 3s right?  Some college teams actually go 1s vs 1s.  And if Littrell is going to give his offense a good look, I bet he will have our corners playing 5 yards and less rather than 10 yards off.  

Also add the fact that a quality offense will have quality players.  Our defense prepared against a talent level that didn't even come close to playing at the level our comp was.  

What about 7 on 7 and 1 on 1 drills?  From a coverage standpoint, you want to go against a legitimate passing QB and WR.  You want to be challenged when you work on man to man and bump and run.  And the WRs need to be challenged with tight coverage.

A team that is geared to run first will not constantly spend time on the passing game like an air raid.  Route running and covering is something you need to do daily to keep your skills sharp.

During the season, you will see the scout team, but not in spring and not in Fall camp.

Hope you learned something.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well no shit they practice v unt players.  They will mainly face the OPPOSING team's offense during the week. Have you ever even seen a football practice? I can tell you a typical practice layout if you would like to know.

what opposing teams offense will they work on in the spring?  What opposing teams offense will they work on in one on ones and drills?  What about fall camp?  

An air raid team will spend the majority of their time working on the passing game and the team will be built around it.  Air raid teams usually have more skilled positions with speed on both sides of the ball.  It's no Coincidence that many air raid teams have trouble playing smash mouth football and stopping the run.  They want to get a lead and force you into obvious passing situations because that is their strength on both sides of the ball.

A team identity is not something you can change week to week.

• Upvote 2

Well no shit they practice v unt players.  They will mainly face the OPPOSING team's offense during the week. Have you ever even seen a football practice? I can tell you a typical practice layout if you would like to know.

It is amazing how friendly people are here at GMG.com when they disagree with your point of view.  Merry Christmas!

• Upvote 1

Sorry you've never made a type-o on an iPhone. Still doesn't change the fact you guys have zero clue how a football practice is laid out. 

A better approach would be to explain rather than dismiss. Kinda like with children. You don't say, "You idiots can't tie your shoes."

You say, "Let me show you how."

Hope this helps with your interpersonal relationships.

I know. I mean you are always so respectful when trying to encourage censorship of my posts.

Merry Christmas!

You're a whole other story.

• Upvote 2

A better approach would be to explain rather than dismiss. Kinda like with children. You don't say, "You idiots can't tie your shoes."

You say, "Let me show you how."

Hope this helps with your interpersonal relationships.

You're a whole other story.

Na, see cause when you try to explain on here, you just get labeled as negative, or a triple option lover, or any other generalization that helps the uneducated argument. 

Just go straight ahole. I mean, if you are gonna be labeled as one anyway, might as well get your money's worth.

Props to rocket...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Of course spring and fall you go against yourself. NO JOKE.  

so why did you disagree then?  My original point was our defense will be able to COVER better based on the offense we run now.

Guess what else will happen?  They will actually work on the air raid this summer.  And do you know who will be out there getting reps?  Our LBs and DBs.  It's something called 7 on 7 that teams do.

The air raid 7 on 7 workouts will look a lot different that what mac had.  Why?  Because the air raid 7 on 7 will be able to work on a majority of the playbook.  It won't be a bunch of sand lot reps that dont translate to real gametime situations.  It will be the real offense.

I would throw in a good QB. Those 3 things equal winning. Particularly in CUSA.

Did I mention there isn't a QB capable of running Littrell's offense on this roster? (that's mainly a question for ganggreen, since he has appointed himself personal UNT90 post watcher... And that job ain't easy...)

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2