Next Hire with Texas Tech Ties

UNT 90 Grad

Isn't this basically how this whole board looked when we got the coaching announcement?

Correct. And continues to look over every assistant announcement. Every hire is a 10 in their eyes, even if it's a 5 to the rational population.

They are like a drunk 21 year old college frat boy at the bar at 2AM. They will love anything, and love it hard...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 7

Correct. And continues to look over every assistant announcement. Every hire is a 10 in their eyes, even if it's a 5 to the rational population.

They are like a drunk 21 year old college frat boy at the bar at 2AM. They will love anything, and love it hard...

I'm cautiously optimistic.  I totally get wanting to wait for results before passing judgment, but are you opposed to the hire, or just waiting until results roll in before saying one way or the other?

I'm cautiously optimistic.  I totally get wanting to wait for results before passing judgment, but are you opposed to the hire, or just waiting until results roll in before saying one way or the other?

RV was involved in this hire. Going all gaga over it is really just irrational rah rah BS. 

I don't think it's a bad hire, but it's a risky hire, and I'll wait and see what happens. 

Look, after every hire we see the same rah rah crap roled out by the same type of posters. Go look at the Mac hire thread. Or the Dodge hire thread. Or the Benford hire thread (yes, even Benford). Much of the same verbal diarrhea Is in those threads. 

We won't have a good picture of Littrell's coaching ability until about game 8 next year. We also will have a good picture of his recruiting ability about the same time. Anything between now and then is just feel good bullshit.

I could have gotten excited with a proven winner who had won in tough sutuations before. Because that person would have had a track record. Any coordinator should always be a wait and see hire, as some succeed, but a lot fail. Not to mention this coordinator is taking over at the toughest place to win at in FBS college football not named ULM. A lot of that is due to a terrible AD to whom UNT refuses to show the door.

So, yes. I'll wait and see. 

Youre just a grumpy old man who hates adults in their 30's.

See, this is what I mean. You can't have rational conversations with these types of people. They are high on hope, and don't care whether it's false hope or not.

Question it, and prepared to be insulted. So dumb.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

See, this is what I mean. You can't have rational conversations with these types of people. They are high on hope, and don't care whether it's false hope or not.

Question it, and prepared to be insulted. So dumb.

You cant have rational conversations with 30 year old's?  This is kind of ironic coming from the person who has a lot of irrational post.  Yes, younger people are more optimistic with an open mind.  That's not a bad thing.  

Now if you're calling me irrational, that's completely false.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You cant have rational conversations with 30 year old's?  This is kind of ironic coming from the person who has a lot of irrational post.  Yes, younger people are more optimistic with an open mind.  That's not a bad thing.  

Now if you're calling me irrational, that's completely false.  

Let's see, I'm having a rational conversation with Jesse Martin and you chime in to accuse me of hating 30 year olds and call me a grumpy old man. Yes, you are irrational. You just name call because you don't like my point of view. That's a problem with you 20 somethings...

Oh, and I like 30 year olds, especially the female variety, 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Let's see, I'm having a rational conversation with Jesse Martin and you chime in to accuse me of hating 30 year olds and call me a grumpy old man. Yes, you are irrational. You just name call because you don't like my point of view. That's a problem with you 20 somethings...

Oh, and I like 30 year olds, especially the female variety, 

You remind me of Robert Prechter.  But I'm irrational and theres no way a 20 something (actually 28) knows anything about Robert Prechter and elliot wave theory.  

Calling you a grumpy old man isn't name calling, it's a fact.  Sorry you cant see that.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

You remind me of Robert Prechter.  But I'm irrational and theres no way a 20 something (actually 28) knows anything about Robert Prechter and elliot wave theory.  

Calling you a grumpy old man isn't name calling, it's a fact.  Sorry you cant see that.  

Kinda like calling you a snot nosed juvenile is a fact.

Sorry you can't see that.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

Kinda like calling you a snot nosed juvenile is a fact.

Sorry you can't see that.

Childish?  You were right about one thing when the majority where not, just like Prechter.  

What the public hears what what actually happens are two different stories.   You just cant seem to understand that.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Childish?  You were right about one thing when the majority where not, just like Prechter.  

What the public hears what what actually happens are two different stories.   You just cant seem to understand that.  

Apparently you are too dumb to realize when you are being mocked.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

90 is pessimistic, hates all things RV, and assumes everything RV touches will fail based on his experiences.

Seuss is optimistic and is enthusiastic about the program outside of his feelings for the person running the athletics department.

90 is a whipped dog, Seuss hasn't been beaten down as many times as 90 so he still exudes positivity.

I understand 90's perspective but I appreciate Seuss's perspective more because what is the point of coming on the board and caring about this program if you expect to fail regardless of any changes made.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1