MGB: Five thoughts following UNT's loss to UTEP

Brett Vito

Brett, one has to respect him for acting like an arrogant, defiant, and disrespectful child??? I'm sure you saw his latest act of disrespect on the field during his last play ever at UNT? That's all I saw from him "speaking his mind," which is being defiant, arrogant and disrespectful. I couldn't care less about his personality and arrogance as long as it's behind the scenes, but when he started dividing the team, publicly defying the fan base and putting coaches in a tough situation, he lost any respect I could have had for him in the past. Sad his attitude will remembered more than his performance on the field (which is what he could be respected for) but I am positive that will be the case after how he handled himself this season.

• Upvote 2

There's a lot of Charles Barkley in Carlos Harris. I couldn't stand Barkley when he played because he was such an arrogant, self absorbed, um, person. Through the years, I've come to enjoy him as a commentator because he says what he actually thinks. He can do this only because he is so self absorbed that he really doesn't care what the public thinks of him. 

Carlos is no where near Barkley in ability or analytical ability. But there is a positive in being that confident. People like Carlos will get fired a lot, but they also are able to bounce back from the experience time after time. And being able to recover is something positive. 

• Upvote 1

Agree to a degree.  Mix that energy with some maturity and he could become a productive member in our society.  I want an arrogant cocky pilot but most professions require the political magician which always finds a way to get his or her own way while appearing to be incredibly competent and giving.  You no, no dead bodies in the side of the road as you charge to be heard and get your way.

gmg

Just not a good weekend for players named Harris.  DeAndre who has been if anything probably more disruptive than Carlos booted from the basketball team.  Both top athletes who thought a little too much of themselves and not enough about the team.  Both made mistakes that will haunt them for years, no need to pile on.  

Vito this team didn't lose a lot,  because there was not a lot to lose.  Starters lost include Thompson and Banogu in the offensive line.  Both tight ends, Harris at wr.  That is 4 starters on the offense.  Defensive starters lost will be Wallace at lb, Orr at dt which had a really good year, Whitfield in the secondary.  So that is 3 starters on defense, with means that NT will return 15 starters plus all the special teams players. 

Obviously, returning a lot of players from a bad team is not exactly great; but it should provide a good foundation to build on.  

Edited by GrandGreen

Am i the only one that noticed the two big plays were made by former JUCO players, Tre is not on scholarship, once he was allowed on the field began to make some plays and Finney recovered the fumble also former JUCO.

The former staffs recruits for the most part were irrelevant, rewards to donors/friends or selfish to say the least.