Scheduling question

southsideguy

How about a 1-1 with other G5s that people want to see instead of overpaying and giving half of our body bag game money to an fcs team to come in here and kick our ass. 

Portland State lost tonight to No. Colorado who has a losing record in Big Sky conference play.

I think the home scheduling had a lot to do with Mac.  It'll be interesting to see if it changes. 

No it didn't. The schedule was in terrible shape when Mac arrived. The terrible 2 game whore series with Iowa was scheduled long before Mac was hired. We were forced to buy an FCS home game in 2012 just to get to 5 home games. Mac had nothing to do with that.

Mac deserves blame for on field performance, but please don't attempt to shift blame directly attributable to RV. It's like RV has taken possession of your body and is speaking directly through you.

Since we have such a hard time scheduling quality teams at Apogee could the CUSA help RV with developing a schedule for home games.  I am not sure what the CUSA can do but just a thought.  

How about we hire an AD that knows what the hell he is doing?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

If we could hire a new ad but i don't see that happening until is contract comes to end.  I don't think UNT can afford to buy out another contract.

That isn't true. At all. We will be buying out Benford's last year in a couple of months. RVs buyout is less than one million. We will pay the next coach over $1 million.

We aren't poor. Stop it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

now you are just depressing me, buying out benford contract too.  Does it ever stop....................I have to admit i thought benford would be a good hire but have been really disappointed in him.  He can recruit but can't coach.

Isn't it amazing that an AD that has wasted so much liquid resources is somehow allowed to keep his job?

We say "Only at North Texas" a lot, but in this case this literally would not happen at any other FBS institution. We are so dysfunctional that we put the welfare of one individual above the good of the program. Big donors apparently have no problem throwing good money after bad to make sure their friend has a job. Winning be damned.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1