Everitt Withers Bio and College Gameday Footage

Harry

Well, his team beat SMU this year, so there is that.  And it indicates he has been to Texas.  However, the lack of even one Texan on their roster makes me wonder if he's just someone with a great resume and there's no real reason to think he's a good fit for this position.  We haven't had that much Texas presence on our coaching staff recently, so maybe that's not perceived as a real factor.

• Upvote 2

I'm betting the TX H.S. coaching changes over the past 15-17 years render those connections near useless.  Now, if he were able to keep up while at UNC or OHSt, then maybe...  but I wouldn't bet on it.

Just because he was out of state coaching in the NFL for 6 years and was/is a winning HC at 2 different out of state schools shouldn't be held against him.

I would bet that some of the young assistant coaches he met while recruiting at UT are now head coaches, some head coaches are now Ads, etc.

I would imagine he can find his way around the state without much help.

Just because he was out of state coaching in the NFL for 6 years and was/is a winning HC at 2 different out of state schools shouldn't be held against him.

I would bet that some of the young assistant coaches he met while recruiting at UT are now head coaches, some head coaches are now Ads, etc.

I would imagine he can find his way around the state without much help.

I was never knocking his NFL experience or anything.  I was only pointing out that the time he was at UT was quite a long time ago.  Many of those contacts are likely gone.