Ok, I know we have folks on both sides of this trade deal, and I recognize that I was one who was and still is thinking the trade was a bad move on the part of the Rangers.  I also indicated that I thought Josh would spend more time on the DL than on the field.  That last part has pretty much happened, and, yes, injuries can happen to anyone.  But, we all know Josh has abused his body in more ways than one and is prone to injury.

So, in reflection, and for some of you die hard professional baseball and Rangers fans, what are you thinking now about this trade? I know the, "well the Rangers didn't eprisk much money" in trading for him line will come up.  But, in that regard, let me ask this question.  If you were in the market for a used car, would you buy one you knew had engine and transmission problems and a history of breakdowns just because it was cheap?  At any amount of money, is that a good buy?  

Not, hating on Josh here as he seems to have been a model citizen since returning and seems to have fit back into the lockeroom well (which I had thought might have been a problem but has not seemingly been so), but, at any price what real good has he been for the Rangers.  And, better yet, what good night he be in the future?  I still believe he will spend more time on the DL than on the field if and when he ever returns to the lineup.

OK, you baseball folks, let's here your reasoned response.  Will Josh Hamilton be able to help the Rangers...now, next year or in the future?

• Downvote 3

I don't watch MLB at all, and can't even tell you who the Rangers manager is, but I thought the Ticket made a pretty compelling argument.  They said that for the low low price of a couple million (chump change in MLB world), they got five or six games that Josh won all by himself before spiraling back to the depths of not being an asset at all.

They're paying him pennies compared to Anaheim.  That said it was still a good trade because other than about 5-7 million they'll be giving him over the rest of his contract they gave nothing up.  

Also the expectations should just be that he's a spare part and 'just a guy'.  Whether it's physically or mentally it's always 'something' with Josh so just treat him as a spare part that will give you some thing every so often but will also be MIA many times.  He's just a weirdly mixed bag.

• Upvote 2