UNT's best attended 2015 home game?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. UNT's best attended 2015 game?

• Rice - Sept 19
    • Portland St - Oct 10
    • WKU - Oct 15
    • UTSA - Oct 31
    • UTEP - Nov 28

On the flip side, just to play devil's advocate, what if these things happen: It rains on homecoming, its blast-furnace hot in the middle of the afternoon for Rice, and we are finishing off a season with about 3 wins or so when UTEP comes to town after Turkey Day.

If the above scenario occurred, its very possible that are best attended game won't get beyond 17-18k, with that last game not breaking 10k butts in seats.

Jesus, jim. What if a f'ing tornado happens for Rice, an earthquake for UTSA, and the apocalypse for UTSA?

Damn you really are UNT90s twin. 

mg02ydxvobrqq3ux1fne.jpg

• Upvote 4

if we are 0-1, I predict less than 15K for RICE . Losing to SMU will not set well with fans or students and the Denton crowd does not realize that UNT actually fields a FB team so they are not a factor either way

You are the worst. The worst.

VERUS Real Estate drone as they made for their tailgate this year:

http://youtu.be/xQUyUqe-i1A

Oh but wait, Greg Johnson (who both owns VERUS and is a sitting City Councilmember) must be confused. Doesn't he know prominent Denton citizens and city officials are supposed to hate all things UNT football??

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 3

What is the lowest attendance we can have? 

Is it based on butts in seats (tickets scanned at gate) or tickets sold? 

How many tickets are automatically reserved for students? Total season tickets and game day packages?

I know our numbers last year where higher than actual fans in seats so I am guessing it is tickets sold.

I might be undervaluing that WKU game. If they're as solid as people think they are and we're 4-1/3-2 going into that game it might be the highest attended on second thought. They very well may be ranked when they play us. They will have played Indiana, Vandy and LaTech and they'll be 6-0 (or should be considering their hype). We should be playing a top25 team that night, first one at Apogee? If so, thanks RV? 

You are the worst. The worst.

VERUS Real Estate drone as they made for their tailgate this year:

http://youtu.be/xQUyUqe-i1A

Oh but wait, Greg Johnson (who both owns VERUS and is a sitting City Councilmember) must be confused. Doesn't he know prominent Denton citizens and city officials are supposed to hate all things UNT football??

pardon me but how in the hell does a music hyped drone video have ANY relevance toward putting butts in seats from the little"d" community??

How many people in little "d" will ever see this much less be inspired by it to attend a game?

Considering the far reach Johnson as well as Glen Farris & co. with him have, I'd say quite a few.

Also, how great is it that when you're proven wrong on "Denton hates UNT football" you immediately turn your attack towards efficacy. Get over it. Denton likes UNT. UNT likes Denton.

It's going to be okay.

this is funny coming from the negative board overcusser. 

overcusser? Nah, not really. My negativity is positive criticism for the better or at least that is my intent. Not to say that yours isn't, but negativity is not permeating through my every. single. post. 

On a related side note, I am not trying to push the negative comments out entirely. This athletic administration needs to hear more criticism until change is put at the forefront. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How many people in little "d" will ever see this much less be inspired by it to attend a game?

Like I tried to imply earlier, it's not about the video itself.

This local business doesn't have to tailgate, nor throw their support behind North Texas football. Yet they are.

And they are so freaking excited about it that they flew a drone and made a video about it.

pardon me but how in the hell does a music hyped drone video have ANY relevance toward putting butts in seats from the little"d" community??

I think the SMU Dallas radiation is starting to poison your mind and attitude. A younger generation like students and recent grads who are all over social media will soak up this video.

It's more about awareness. I'm not going to see a movie, unless I get to see the commercial or trailer first....

I might be undervaluing that WKU game. If they're as solid as people think they are and we're 4-1/3-2 going into that game it might be the highest attended on second thought. They very well may be ranked when they play us. They will have played Indiana, Vandy and LaTech and they'll be 6-0 (or should be considering their hype). We should be playing a top25 team that night, first one at Apogee? If so, thanks RV? 

My vote was WKU

I believe if they come into this game undefeated (6-0) they could quite possibly be ranked in the top 25.  That could potentially bring people in the stadium that wouldn't normally be attending.  They would have beaten Vanderbilt and Indiana (Top opponents) hopefully that would be enough while piggybacking off of last years finish to land them in the top 25.

I know its a Thursday night but i can push through 1 day of being drowsy at work on Friday if it goes late. 

There seems to be a glitch in the matrix.

Edited by MEANGREENCOACH2