'15 WR Courtney Wright (Dallas Kimball)

BillySee58

That time in our life when we all realize that we might not be that special and there is someone else that can replace us.

Yep...and just wait until what he learns AFTER he signs. Big surprise in store for this kid. Pretty glad at this point UNT didn't offer. He'll land somewhere and learn really quick that he's not so special. Let's hope he gets over himself long enough to get a degree somewhere.

Did his coaches not tell him anything about recruiting and how the process works? If they did his ego may have blocked his ears. Many many kids go on official visits and return without offers, or get offers but commit elsewhere. Where has this kid been that he did not know this simple truth about recruiting? He wants multiple offers so he can be the one saying "no thanks"? Well, too bad, UNT coaching staff beat you to it. Maybe the ego got in the way on the official visit?

An 18-year-old venting frustrations on the internet? And all you old guys are piling on?

Whatever. This is really a non-story, and I highly doubt it influences any current commit or future commit.

Good luck to Courtney wherever he winds up.

Yes we are...and the reason this kid's ego is bigger than his talent is that he has gotten a pass on this "look at me, I am a superstar" crap his entire life. Kid needed some "tough love" long before now. Right now he's writing checks he can't cash. No one is wishing him I'll, just wishing he would think with his brain before he puts his mouth in motion. Too many people excuse 18 year old kids stupid behavior, yet the law considers them adults. Excusing bad behavior just because someone is 18 is one reason why they keep acting as they do.

And, you bet...good luck to the kid...he'll need some when reality hits home soon

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yes we are...and the reason this kid's ego is bigger than his talent is that he has gotten a pass on this "look at me, I am a superstar" crap his entire life. Kid needed some "tough love" long before now. Right now he's writing checks he can't cash. No one is wishing him I'll, just wishing he would think with his brain before he puts his mouth in motion. Too many people excuse 18 year old kids stupid behavior, yet the law considers them adults. Excusing bad behavior just because someone is 18 is one reason why they keep acting as they do.

And, you bet...good luck to the kid...he'll need some when reality hits home soon

Did you see the quotes Kram?

He feels like UNT was wasting his time by bringing him here & not offering him.

I would kinda feel the same way today if a prospective job opportunity flew me out for an interview and didn't give me the job. Granted, I wouldn't post it on twitter (I don't even have a twitter acct), or anywhere else for that matter, but that's just me... I've lived a few more years than Mr. Wright has & I have a few more years of life experience.

It's really not a big deal. Other than his ball playing skills and these few tweets, we know nothing about this guy, so all of the inferences of him being self-centered are presumptions, & conjecture. So snap-judging this young man's character based on 2 tweets is not fair at all.

• Upvote 1

Did you see the quotes Kram?

He feels like UNT was wasting his time by bringing him here & not offering him.

I would kinda feel the same way today if a prospective job opportunity flew me out for an interview and didn't give me the job. Granted, I wouldn't post it on twitter (I don't even have a twitter acct), or anywhere else for that matter, but that's just me... I've lived a few more years than Mr. Wright has & I have a few more years of life experience.

So every job somebody has ever applied for or interviewed for, yet did not get the job, is a waste of time?? How is the employer/school supposed to decide which employee/athlete is the best fit for the position/school?

So every job somebody has ever applied for or interviewed for, yet did not get the job, is a waste of time?? How is the employer/school supposed to decide which employee/athlete is the best fit for the position/school?

I don't think I'm being very clear. This is an emotional reaction. One that 99% of you busters would also have were you in this young man's shoes.

The coaches evaluated him. They did not want to offer. That's their decision. That's totally fine. I don't have a problem with that.

Let's bring it home for you:

Based on your handle, I'm assuming you're a coach of some sort. I'm going to assume at the HS level... in Texas? Now imagine a HC position opened up at a prestigious program, say, Cedar Hill (which it appears will actually be open soon, you should apply!) and their athletic director courted you for several months wanting you to visit on your dime, maybe coming to your home for a few visits... you feel like they like you a lot. Then, they bring you over on their dime for an official interview. Based on all of the previous time invested, you feel really good! You're not offered the job though...

You happy in that scenario? Maybe you'd vent your frustrations to your significant other: "Man, I thought I had a good chance!", "I can't believe, based on all of those previous interactions, they didn't like me!", "This sucks!", "What a waste of time!" (even though the process probably will come in handy in the future for you)

Right? If so, you'd be completely just in feeling that way.

Same exact thing here, except he posted those types of comments on twitter. He's 18.

• Upvote 1

I don't think I'm being very clear. This is an emotional reaction. One that 99% of you busters would also have were you in this young man's shoes.

The coaches evaluated him. They did not want to offer. That's their decision. That's totally fine. I don't have a problem with that.

Let's bring it home for you:

Based on your handle, I'm assuming you're a coach of some sort. I'm going to assume at the HS level... in Texas? Now imagine a HC position opened up at a prestigious program, say, Cedar Hill (which it appears will actually be open soon, you should apply!) and their athletic director courted you for several months wanting you to visit on your dime, maybe coming to your home for a few visits... you feel like they like you a lot. Then, they bring you over on their dime for an official interview. Based on all of the previous time invested, you feel really good! You're not offered the job though...

You happy in that scenario? Maybe you'd vent your frustrations to your significant other: "Man, I thought I had a good chance!", "I can't believe, based on all of those previous interactions, they didn't like me!", "This sucks!", "What a waste of time!" (even though the process probably will come in handy in the future for you)

Right? If so, you'd be completely just in feeling that way.

Same exact thing here, except he posted those types of comments on twitter. He's 18.

Not exactly the same. Saying someone "did me dirty" implies that UNT did something unethical, and crosses over into slander. None of those responses you mentioned cross that line.

That said, I'm not going to make a blanket analysis about his character regarding this. But his comments were out of line, and certainly shouldn't have been publicly disseminated.

Not exactly the same. Saying someone "did me dirty" implies that UNT did something unethical, and crosses over into slander. None of those responses you mentioned cross that line.

That said, I'm not going to make a blanket analysis about his character regarding this. But his comments were out of line, and certainly shouldn't have been publicly disseminated.

We also don't know what the coaches told this young man. He could be correct? Who knows. I hope he doesn't spill... of course, that could hurt him in the long run with other opportunities.

He dipped in the mud with that statement, but at least he stopped there & didn't start slinging.

I'm just sticking up for the dude because no one knows him, what he was told, etc... but several here know enough to assume his character is terrible & kick him while he's down.

Also, the door is not closed on this young man.

We also don't know what the coaches told this young man.

His explanation of how they "did him dirty" was to bring him in for an official visit and then not offer him. That just doesn't qualify. Now, for those who have had offers pulled...they have a case.

Also, the door is not closed on this young man.

What makes you say that?

His explanation of how they "did him dirty" was to bring him in for an official visit and then not offer him. That just doesn't qualify. Now, for those who have had offers pulled...they have a case.

What makes you say that?

your PM box is full.

See D'Aundrey Bradley thread. Billy has some musings that I imagine could have transpired.