Are we meeting somewhere in El Paso?

JesseMartin

So the game is pretty late...we'll be there Friday through Sunday; is there a good spot for all of us to meet up? I figure we can work in some fun kid stuff around any fan events so what's the plan, if any? And if there is no plan...do we want to make one? Friday night or maybe Saturday around lunchtime?

I don't know how to spell El Paseo (see), but I've heard the Hotel Camino Real has a great bar.

Just sayin"

Beat UTEP

GO MEAN GREEN

The Dome bar in the Camino Real is very cool. The hotel needs upgrades but the bar is great.

The bar at the Riviera is cool too. Local dive. Great food too.

The Dome bar in the Camino Real is very cool. The hotel needs upgrades but the bar is great.

The bar at the Riviera is cool too. Local dive. Great food too.

Are either of these somewhere family-friendly enough that we could meet there?

Wow, of those who actually know me...did you ever think you'd get a question like that from me?!

That's a shame about the Dome bar, it looks really nice! If I don't hear anything from the AD or Alumni Association people I'll assume they have nothing set up, so if not do you guys want to organize a meet-up at the Riviera?

Does anybody know if the Riviera is on Doniphan Drive? Just making sure I don't call the wrong place. The AD has a tailgate planned but nothing else so if everybody's cool with it we can do this Friday night. Is 8 pm good? That's about when we'll be getting into town so if you guys want to start sooner then somebody else will have to grab some tables or whatever.

Anyone go to the UTEP-WSU game? Observations of a fellow CUSA mate would be appreciated.

Floyd seemed unusually vocal about how well they hustled and rebounded, positive words that are rare from his coaching tree.

In two consecutive matchups against WSU, UTEP has led for 80 straight minutes.

"A couple of positive things in the game were that we defended pretty well," UTEP coach Tim Floydsaid. "We tried to take out [DaVonté] Lacy. He got a couple of baskets late on us. And [Dexter] Kernich-Drew was another guy we were really concerned with and we did a good job there.

"I thought we were as good as we've been since I've been here in terms of going to the offensive board. A lot of that had to do with Vince Hunter. You have a chance to be a good rebounding team when your small forward is a rebounder. He's so talented. He can do anything he wants to do. He really impacted the game."

"I knew we would play hard," Floyd said. "I really like us defensively. Our length is still bothering people with Vince as a small forward and when you've got Matt out there and Hooper [Vint] and Ced and Julian, we're big and we can contest and challenge shots.

"We wanted to play big all night. They forced us to play small. They went really small and they created some problems for us at the end of the half with their small lineup. That's one of the beautiful things about our team, we can play big and we can play small if we need to guard down in size, which we did when we moved Vince to [power forward] and took out one of our bigs."

utepathletics.com