Attention any/all high school quarterbacks

emmitt01

If you want good BBQ you're going to need to venture down to Fort Worth on your trip

Nah,

Since he's likely coming from DFW, just stop down at Hard 8 in Coppell on the way up to Denton.

If he's driving, bless his heart, then stop somewhere in East TX. Lots of good places to choose from out there: Stanley's in Tyler is probably the best bet.

• Upvote 1

Nah,

Since he's likely coming from DFW, just stop down at Hard 8 in Coppell on the way up to Denton.

If he's driving, bless his heart, then stop somewhere in East TX. Lots of good places to choose from out there: Stanley's in Tyler is probably the best bet.

We're probably planning on flying in. Since I travel for work, I have plenty of miles to use anyhow. So it sounds like Hard 8 is the move!

Thanks.

I imagine this same type of pity party/weeping and gnashing of teeth would have occurred had McCarney allowed Berglund to start a couple of game and turn the ball over six or seven times with his "athletic ability" as well.

To the Berglund/Berglund, Jr. crowd: It doesn't matter what the game plan is if the quarterback won't learn it. And, further, if he's giving the opposing teams 42 points, he's playing for the wrong team.

What McCarney is signaling to HS kids is that he'll happily offer you a scholarship if you are willing to dedicate yourself to the program and put in the work it takes to be a quarterback at this level. Unfortunately for us and Mac, we've had too many who couldn't or wouldn't.

Your just saying that because you love DT...

And other stuff...

We're probably planning on flying in. Since I travel for work, I have plenty of miles to use anyhow. So it sounds like Hard 8 is the move!

Thanks.

If you venture down to Cowtown, Coopers Bbq in the Stockyards right across from Billy Bob's is a little pricey, but worth it. Best beef rib I've ever had. Sirloin is also yums.

I have never eaten at the Hard 8 in Coppel, but the original in Stephenville (bout an hour SW of Fort Worth) has some of the best BBQ in Texas. And get the jalepeno cream corn. Trust me on this.

If the one in Coppel is half as good as the original, it's worth the stop.

I'm talking about the pity party people had here for Berglund, and the one they are having now for Dajon.

This fan base is amazing - they clamor for QBs who show no inclination whatsoever to learn the playbook and the position. They live in the dream world were "athletic" quarterbacks just pull the ball down and run 80 yards.

It's fine against Nicholls State. But, we don't play Nicholls State 12 times a season.

So, get used to having a QB who isn't spotting the opposition 21 points a game and be happy. Sure, it won't be as exciting watching opposing DBs and LBs running back fumbles and interceptions. But, it gives us a better opportunity to win...which I thought was the object of football and other sports.

The bolded is correct. If I'm reading this thread correctly, nobody is clamoring for Dajon specifically. We're just clamoring for ANYONE to step up, or sign up in Feb---but apparently our coaching staff is good with who we've got and aren't taking a QB this year!?? Means or Chumley better be the real freaking deal.

In all reality, our defense is so bad that it really doesn't matter. Any team that is determined to run the ball on us will be able to. It seriously looks like 2005 all over again. Our "experienced" secondary is basically negated every game because our front 7 is just getting dominated.

Before this season I never would have believed that a Mac coached team could field such an awful defense. It is discouraging.

• Upvote 1

If you venture down to Cowtown, Coopers Bbq in the Stockyards right across from Billy Bob's is a little pricey, but worth it. Best beef rib I've ever had. Sirloin is also yums.

I have never eaten at the Hard 8 in Coppel, but the original in Stephenville (bout an hour SW of Fort Worth) has some of the best BBQ in Texas. And get the jalepeno cream corn. Trust me on this.

If the one in Coppel is half as good as the original, it's worth the stop.

Yes & Yes.

Haven't been to the one in Stephenville.

9PjpDB0.jpg

You guys know we have a kid who could sling the ball around a little bit in high school on the basketball team.

Todd Eaglin - As a senior at The Woodlands Christian Academy, he threw for 3,489 yards and 38 touchdowns, while also running for 1,079 yards and 17 more scores.

Man...football and BBQ. I'm not sure why I haven't already moved to the Lone Star State!

You're gonna need some good Tex-Mex too, but there are so many different opinions... it really depends on what you like. Start up a thread on places to see/eat before you come in. It will hit about 3-4 pages, mostly about different Tex-Mex restaurants & why they're the best/worst.

• Upvote 1

I never have acclimated to the emphasis on beef in Texas BBQ. I don't dislike it, per se, but I still prefer pork, particularly in the rib category. I cannot give you a valid reason for that.

Angelo's has the best pork ribs in town by a mile, that's why I put them ahead of Railhead. Cousins has some really good pulled pork.