I Am So Tired of Records Being Set Against Us.

KingDL1

WE LOST IN AN EMBARRASSING RECORD SETTING STYLE

How many times have I heard of record setting offensive yards against us, or points, first downs, or turnovers, rushing yards, in a quarter, half, game. SMU set some records this season and so did FAU today. How many records did FAU break on us for their school books? We have that Portland loss a historic national loss that sits in the back of my mind.

THIS SHIT HAS TO STOP

We are not that bad of a team, not even close. There is no way a 3-3 conference mate could mop us all over the field   that bad with out a lot of our own help. And we damn well knew for weeks now that FAU and Marshall were the toughest teams in the East. We knew after Southern Miss that FAU, Army, La Tech were the best teams left we had to play in likely that order. How does this game get over looked, we were never favored in this. RECORD SETTING LOSS holy shit

FAU's team is not even close to national champs and that is what it would take in my mind to get our ass handed to us like that.

How does this happen again and again at UNT? 

This Starts with the AD make sure the Coaches are focused and the Coaches have the Players focused.

Then the Coaches have to keep themselves and the Players extra focused after a week like last. Game plan and more. 

Then the players have keep it focused as well. 

Did we beat our record we set with Rice last year? The biggest loss in conference? It never ends and the answer is not good either way.

45 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

How many times have I heard of record setting offensive yards against us, or points, first downs, or turnovers, rushing yards, in a quarter, half, game. SMU set some records this season and so did FAU today. How many records did FAU break on us for their school books? We have that Portland loss a historic national loss that sits in the back of my mind.

THIS SHIT HAS TO STOP

We are not that bad of a team, not even close. There is no way a 3-3 conference mate could mop us all over the field   that bad with out a lot of our own help. And we damn well knew for weeks now that FAU and Marshall were the toughest teams in the East. We knew after Southern Miss that FAU, Army, La Tech were the best teams left we had to play in likely that order. How does this game get over looked, we were never favored in this. RECORD SETTING LOSS holy shit

FAU's team is not even close to national champs and that is what it would take in my mind to get our ass handed to us like that.

This Starts with the AD make sure the Coaches are focused and the Coaches have the Players focused.

Then the Coaches have to keep themselves and the Players extra focused after a week like last. Game plan and more. 

Did we beat our record we set with Rice last year? The biggest loss in conference? It never ends and the answer is not good either way.

This was pitiful.

• Downvote 1

49 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

THIS SHIT HAS TO STOP

Teams setting records vs us is a common theme. I have heard quite a bit in the short 6 years I have been following the program. It's embarrassing. It's inexcusable, but the staff will make excuses. Attendance will tank. Recruiting will not spike. Donors will dry up. Attendance will show another drop and then the real losing will start to settle in and we'll be onto another coach. Regardless of what anyone says, I have no idea how a program under the same staff comes back from something like this. Yeah, Saban lost to ULM, but 21-14 with a bunch of provisional players under a bunch of scholarship sanctions. Even the Toledo's, WMU, NIU's, BSU, USF, etc. etc. I can't recall this kind of loss. And if one is out there, it's most certainly not this bad and it definitely wasn't vs a conference peer with a .500 record. It's all just baffling. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Teams setting records vs us is a common theme. I have heard quite a bit in the short 6 years I have been following the program. It's embarrassing. It's inexcusable, but the staff will make excuses. Attendance will tank. Recruiting will not spike. Donors will dry up. Attendance will show another drop and then the real losing will start to settle in and we'll be onto another coach. Regardless of what anyone says, I have no idea how a program under the same staff comes back from something like this. Yeah, Saban lost to ULM, but 21-14 with a bunch of provisional players under a bunch of scholarship sanctions. Even the Toledo's, WMU, NIU's, BSU, USF, etc. etc. I can't recall this kind of loss. And if one is out there, it's most certainly not this bad and it definitely wasn't vs a conference peer with a .500 record. It's all just baffling. 

I don't think it is that devastating as to have our donors dry up and we still have the rest of the season to make it right. At the same time it does not help anything to have a an embarrassing loss like this. I think it is humbling hard lesson that all on this team coaches included will learn from. I would like the team to not learn the hard way so many times. You can bet even Seth learned or relearned a lesson today. I am sick of the Theme as you put it and hopefully in the near future that theme will be put to bed for good. I think we will go at least 7-5 regular season maybe better with the conference championship still within reach. 

1 minute ago, KingDL1 said:

I don't think it is that devastating as to have our donors dry up and we still have the rest of the season to make it right. At the same time it does not help anything to have a an embarrassing loss like this. I think it is humbling hard lesson that all on this team coaches included will learn from. I would like the team to not learn the hard way so many times. You can bet even Seth learned or relearned a lesson today. I am sick of the Theme as you put it and hopefully in the near future that theme will be put to bed for good. I think we will go at least 7-5 regular season maybe better with the conference championship still within reach. 

Conference championship is a pipe dream. Always was. Even if we somehow squeak by LaTech AND beat ODU, UTEP, and Rice, It's unlikely that it will be played in Apogee anyway now. The winner of the FAU vs Marshall game will more than likely be in and host the CUSA championship game. They will more than likely end of with 0 or 1 conference loss and the west winner from how it looks now will more than likely have a 2 loss west champion. Therefore, the east champ will be the host. 

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 5

3 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Conference championship is a pipe dream. Always was. Even if we somehow squeak by LaTech AND beat ODU, UTEP, and Rice, It's unlikely that it will be played in Apogee anyway now. The winner of the FAU vs Marshall game will more than likely be in and host the CUSA championship game. They will more than likely end of with 0 or 1 conference loss and the west winner from how it looks now will more than likely have a 2 loss west champion. Therefore, the east champ will be the host. 

Yet you just laid out a great path for us to win the division and in one game for the title anything can happen.  FAU is not that much better than us and given that they would have our players full attention I think we would respond much better in a rematch.  It could turn into another ugly game but I'll take that opportunity if we make it that far. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Ben Gooding said:

Hosting the conference championship was pretty unlikely, but I think we are as likely as any team in the west to play in the Conference Championship and at the moment we are still in first place in the west. So I guess you can say it is ours to lose. 

Just now, NorthTexan95 said:

Yet you just laid out a great path for us to win the division and in one game for the title anything can happen.  FAU is not that much better than us and given that they would have our players full attention I think we would respond much better in a rematch.  It could turn into another ugly game but I'll take that opportunity if we make it that far. 

But it's not much of a reward to go play at FAU for a conference championship game. Are they going to bring 10K fans this time. That's garbage for the team IF, and big if, they make it here. 

• Downvote 5

Just now, Ben Gooding said:

But it's not much of a reward to go play at FAU for a conference championship game. Are they going to bring 10K fans this time. That's garbage for the team IF, and big if, they make it here. 

Every game is more practice and more exposure to build a team with. I will take all the games we can get

2 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

Hosting the conference championship was pretty unlikely, but I think we are as likely as any team in the west to play in the Conference Championship and at the moment we are still in first place in the west. So I guess you can say it is ours to lose. 

Technically, we're in first. But we will need to roll through the rest of the games and can't lost to LaTech unless they lose again. We're playing with fire and trying to squeeze in by default. Championship teams don't have to do that. They play their way in, they don't watch teams lose their way out. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

7 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

They aren’t that much better than us? Did we watch the same game? 

They had a WR playing QB at the end of the game lol

1 minute ago, Ben Gooding said:

Technically, we're in first. But we will need to roll through the rest of the games and can't lost to LaTech unless they lose again. We're playing with fire and trying to squeeze in by default. Championship teams don't have to do that. They play their way in, they don't watch teams lose their way out. 

I don't remember losing to west member yet? You are ahead of yourself at the moment. I think we might go 6-0 at home this season with army being the toughest left, and La Tech will be a test of an away game. 

Just now, BTG_Fan1 said:

They aren’t that much better than us? Did we watch the same game? 

They had a WR playing QB at the end of the game lol

It was just chitter chatter bs. They were 40 points better than us today. And that's counting the 2 tack on TD's we put on in the 4th quarter. On the LOS, they were better than us. On defense, they were significantly better than us. Their RB's all looked like Jeff Wilson with a better OL. Their QB looked like a TE running the ball into massive lanes. Their receivers weren't having to compete for balls. I think we could've legitimately taken an all area (City of Denton Only) high school defense down to South Florida and could've easily done better. And I say this with all seriousness. 

1 minute ago, KingDL1 said:

I don't remember losing to west member yet? You are ahead of yourself at the moment. I think we might go 6-0 at home this season with army being the toughest left, and La Tech will be a test of an away game. 

It doesn't matter if we lose to east or west, a conference opponent is a conference opponent and today was one. If La Tech runs the table and beats us, we're done. They too control their own destiny versus us. 

• Downvote 5

4 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

It was just chitter chatter bs. They were 40 points better than us today. And that's counting the 2 tack on TD's we put on in the 4th quarter. On the LOS, they were better than us. On defense, they were significantly better than us. Their RB's all looked like Jeff Wilson with a better OL. Their QB looked like a TE running the ball into massive lanes. Their receivers weren't having to compete for balls. I think we could've legitimately taken an all area (City of Denton Only) high school defense down to South Florida and could've easily done better. And I say this with all seriousness. 

It doesn't matter if we lose to east or west, a conference opponent is a conference opponent and today was one. If La Tech runs the table and beats us, we're done. They too control their own destiny versus us. 

No shit is that how that works? 

Last I checked we are in first that means we and we alone control our destiny.  Also we only have one game left in the east and Old Dominion is in last, and looking at the west we have beaten the best teams in my opinion with UTEP being dead last,  followed byRice and La Tech. 

Never said others don't control their destiny still. We have an easier path to the championship than La Tech at this point I think.

At the beginning of the season every team in the conference controls their own destiny

7 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Wrong.  Head to head matters very much within the division.  We are tied for #1 in the West with USM at 3-1, however we have the first tiebreaker and if we both end up tied at the top of the division we are the division champs.  

Yes, we have to continue winning, and beating LaTech is going to be a big part of that.  They lost last night to a team we beat by 15 on the road, so while that is going to be a tough task it's not like they are unbeatable.  

7 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

I don't think it is that devastating as to have our donors dry up and we still have the rest of the season to make it right. 

I think the people making the most noise about this aren't even donors now.  

Am I pissed off and disgusted with how the team looked yesterday?  Hell Yes.  Am I anxious about how the coaches need to really bear down and get everyone re-focused?  Of course.  

However for most weekends of the SL era I have been pleased with coach/team preparation.  I am not going to cancel my check just because they had one terrible weekend.  Happens to every team.  Hell even Bama can lose.  

@Ben Gooding FAU still has to play a hot WKU team, LA Tech and Marshall. Marshall still has to play UTSA, So Miss, WKU and FAU. Plenty of room for all of those teams to get 1 conference loss and force a tie breaker with us (if we win out). I would prefer WKU or Marshall win the east with 1 loss so we can possibly host. Doubt all 3 teams have 2 losses but 1 loss each is within reason. 

• Downvote 1

13 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Yea but it'd be another nice little vacation for the players and families. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cerebus said:

However for most weekends of the SL era I have been pleased with coach/team preparation.  I am not going to cancel my check just because they had one terrible weekend.  Happens to every team.  Hell even Bama can lose.  

I don't think anyone is calling for checks to be canceled, but i may have missed someone saying they would do that..

Yes teams lose and have off weeks, but I don't recall Bama getting moonwalked down the field on defense and then putting in nearly 0 effort.. Yes, Bama may not be a good example to compare the beatdown UNT got yesterday but the effort UNT gave last night was something I would expect from UTEP or Rice, or after the Portland State game..

They need to bounce back with the big time effort in all phases of the game..