Seth & $ how many?

Wag Tag

How many of us would donate $250. a year to have lunch with Coach Littrell 5 times with a Q&A? 10, 20, 30 could we hit 50 how about 100?

What I am getting at is people are willing to give more for access, information and a feeling of inclusion.

Little things can add bucks to athletics by using the assets you already have.

This is what I hope from a new AD!

Oh and we could takes pics and post and I could tweet it! GMG

• Upvote 6

I like this idea.  How about 3 diners plus coach (a table of 4) or 5 (a table of 6) to give a total of $1,000. (3 people give $333 each or 5 people give  $200 each).  that way it's affordable for most of us.  Lunch once a month ?  Twice a month ?  You've got to eat somewhere.  If done 26 times a year it would net $26K. 

• Upvote 3

Really like this idea. Would be great if they did something cheaper with like a silent auction, like they fill up the whole conference area, and just have a big QA and go over different things like how recruiting is going or scheme, etc?? All the proceeds to UNT sports... like an Orr Baltimore Jersey or Robertson etc? something with the Cowboys possibly?

now, im not sure if this allowed, but could we even sponsor like a  section or something for area high school players,come for free? like any area high school freshman/sophomore could just walk up and its our way of getting them interested in the program? Try and introduce them into the UNT and that could help us start locking down some kids possibly?

• Upvote 1

I know that Hayden Fry (as HC and AD) had a program where if you ponied up big bucks you got a special made blazer to wear to games and functions.  I know that is probably not a big selling point today, but if you did have a "lunch club" that gave out a special pin to wear, it would draw in people.

I know you're thinking "who the hell would pay $1000 (on top of MGC and season ticket prices)  to get to wear a pin on their shirt/hat during game day?"  You would be surprised, human nature is funny.

11 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

I know that Hayden Fry (as HC and AD) had a program where if you ponied up big bucks you got a special made blazer to wear to games and functions.  I know that is probably not a big selling point today, but if you did have a "lunch club" that gave out a special pin to wear, it would draw in people.

I know you're thinking "who the hell would pay $1000 (on top of MGC and season ticket prices)  to get to wear a pin on their shirt/hat during game day?"  You would be surprised, human nature is funny.

I can no longer +1 Cerebus.   Sorry buddy.   
I just have to +1 you in .gif form instead:
tumblr_lff7e9ZziR1qzdf0go1_500.gif

4 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

How many of us would donate $250. a year to have lunch with Coach Littrell 5 times with a Q&A? 10, 20, 30 could we hit 50 how about 100?

What I am getting at is people are willing to give more for access, information and a feeling of inclusion.

Little things can add bucks to athletics by using the assets you already have.

This is what I hope from a new AD!

Oh and we could takes pics and post and I could tweet it! GMG

I like the idea, but at $250 I think there would be too many fans in the place to have any kind of meaningful conversation. If you raise the price to $1,000, then you have fewer fans, but are leaving money on the table, and probably some good ideas too.

I would pay $250 for one lunch, if they caped each lunch at 10 fans. I think 10 fans sitting around 1 table with Littrell would be much more interesting and informative. If 250 fans paid up, then they would need to host 25 of these events. There are 52 weeks in a year. All of the lunches don't have to happen during the season.

250 fans at the table with Littrell, once a year x $250 = $62,500 earned

or

50 fans somewhere in the room, 5 times a year x $1,000 = $50,000 earned

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I've never much been interested in Q&As with coaches, but I'd probably throw down some cash just to laugh my ass off at his dry wit homespun humor.

Great idea! It cost AD, NOTHING and bring in revenue from happy fans. How many more ideas can we come up with! What would you donate $ to run on the field with the team? Letterman have a luncheon with stories and Q&A of players in the Tenessee game, the Texas game and so on. I would love to hear what these guys were thinking! GMG

Y'all may be overestimating early interest. If the MGC is any indication, you may have trouble finding people to pay even $250. 

Supply and demand. Start low this year, gauge interest and increase for next. Maybe do a several events that are at a lower price, and then a few thoughout the year at a more "exclusive" price. (As I type this I'm kinda recommending what Joe said, except the different prices all in one year). 

• Downvote 1