Southern Mississippi (1/24/15)

CMJ

Combs would also not be shooting so many free throws if he was not good and not constantly around the ball and hustling.

He shoots a lot of free throws because he does hustle and is always in the right spot making plays!

One thing that could have made a difference was that Combs could have passed to ball to someone else before he was fouled. Had Southern Miss fouled someone else and not Combs maybe making that final free throw would have prevented overtime and thus the Mean Green losing that game. I cringed when I saw him walking to the line to shoot free throws late in the game.

I'm not saying Combs is a bad player player but he needs to keep his head in order to help the team.

• Upvote 2

Did somebody say $3 beers before tipoff? Is that real?

Yes...Happy Hour before games. Regular beer like Bud, a Bud Lite are $3 until tip-off...premium beers are $4 I believe. At tip-off they go to regular pricing.

Had El Guapo nachos on Thursday for $3 as well and Cowboy Chicken BBQ sandwiches and tacos before the So Miss game as well for Happy Hour.

Heck, the beers in the Green Room are $5.00....but the food is no charge. I guess it evens out! Ha!

Nice to see this Happy Hour thing on the concourse before the last two games...hope it continues.

• Upvote 1

One thing that could have made a difference was that Combs could have passed to ball to someone else before he was fouled. Had Southern Miss fouled someone else and not Combs maybe making that final free throw would have prevented overtime and thus the Mean Green losing that game. I cringed when I saw him walking to the line to shoot free throws late in the game.

I'm not saying Combs is a bad player player but he needs to keep his head in order to help the team.

I agree with your first statement. Collin was right there under the basket and Combs should have gotten him the ball. He is young and still learning. I know as they walked up the court they were discussing this. It's a very frustrating way to lose a winnable game. I honestly thought we were going to win and use this game as a stepping stone to have a winning conference record. I am now torn on how the season will turn out. I hope deandre can earn his minutes back and keep a level head going forward. We need him as well to have a chance at winning some games. Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1

Yes...Happy Hour before games. Regular beer like Bud, a Bud Lite are $3 until tip-off...premium beers are $4 I believe. At tip-off they go to regular pricing.

Had El Guapo nachos on Thursday for $3 as well and Cowboy Chicken BBQ sandwiches and tacos before the So Miss game as well for Happy Hour.

Heck, the beers in the Green Room are $5.00....but the food is no charge. I guess it evens out! Ha!

Nice to see this Happy Hour thing on the concourse before the last two games...hope it continues.

What an interesting dynamic that is. I love the concourse happy hour idea, but it surely takes the steam out of the green room for me. $3 beer and $3 appetizers is a great deal.

The guy taking my money said Happy Hour will continue for the rest of the season.

Combs would also not be shooting so many free throws if he was not good and not constantly around the ball and hustling.

He shoots a lot of free throws because he does hustle and is always in the right spot making plays!

as freshmen:

Jeremy Combs - 94 free throw attempts in 19 games...4.947 attempts per game

Tony Mitchell - 115 free throw attempts in 23 games...5.000 attempts per game

I really wish Combs would stop being so damn lazy and start to hustle and work as hard as Tony Mitchell

• Upvote 4

Looked like a pretty good crowd on Saturday night. I thought that would have been the deciding factor.

It's a pretty good crowd for a Saturday...

Oh, la, la, la, de, de, da

La, la, de, de, da, da, da