‘White Mamba’ gets it done

Harry

There was a time in college football just a few years ago when players in the mold of North Texas junior Jarrod Lynn were a vital part of offenses.

Oklahoma, Texas and most every other team around would line up a fullback and ask him to produce nothing more than the old cliche “three yards and a cloud of dust.”

Lynn has displayed that exact talent while carving out a role as a top option in short-yardage situations for UNT, which will face Indiana in its final nonconference game of the season on Saturday in Bloomington, Ind.

The former Grapevine standout has carried the ball just four times, all in third-and-1 situations and has converted every time.

“My whole mindset is to get across that line,” Lynn said. “I have to bowl through there and get the first down. That’s what a fullback does — be physical and hit people. I try to get in there, get low and be a battering ram.”

Read more: http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/sports-headlines/20141002-football-white-mamba-gets-it-done.ece

I've been very impressed with this young man since spring practice......and I said so at the time. I'll give everyone something to think about. This young man caught a 20 yrd sideline pass during the spring game, and it took a couple of guys to bring him down.

They have yet to use him in their passing game.......but it has to be coming.