CUSA defectors doing poorly

casual fan

After watching Tulsa lose to Texas State last night, I looked up the records of the CUSA defectors.

Tulane 1 - 4 Their only win was against SE Louisiana.

Tulsa 1 - 3 Their only win was in 2OT against Tulane.

smu 0 - 4 They have lost by a total of 12 - 202.

Houston 2 - 2 They lost to UTSA 27 - 7.

Total 4 - 13 The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence.

Edited by casual fan
  • Upvote 2

Forgetting UCF @ 1 - 2 with the win against Bethune-Cookman and ECU who is setting pretty at 3 - 1

I know. I was just staying local with the 4 teams in our area.

I wonder if smu and Houston are having second thoughts.

smu's next 3 home games are against Cincinnati, Memphis, and South Florida.

They should look on the bright side...no waiting in line at the concession stand.

• Upvote 1

The Big 12 is not adding anyone unless Texas says so, and they like things the way they are now.

Don't think they enjoy 8-5 and losing in the Alamo Bowl. While NT would love that result, but with a bowl win.

I know. I was just staying local with the 4 teams in our area.

I wonder if smu and Houston are having second thoughts.

smu's next 3 home games are against Cincinnati, Memphis, and South Florida.

They should look on the bright side...no waiting in line at the concession stand.

I can guarantee that we aren't.

We're gonna demonstrate once again how to properly beat down UTSA. I hope you guys take notes this time.

I believe UTSA might be the very people who, uh, soiled your rug, and you are in a unique position to confirm or disconfirm that suspicion.

psh1.gif

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2

I would like to thank Houston and SMU for their decision to leave C-USA.

In 10 years, the AAC will be the equal of the Sun Belt (a collection of misfit privates).

C-USA and the AAC are clearly going in opposite directions.

Again, thanks to anyone at Houston and SMU that had anything to do with that decision.

These schools are in unusual down years. Well Tulane is always in a down year. Tulsa, SMU, Houston etc have the history and money needed to turn things around. The AAC is the premier G5 conference because of basketball, resources and ESPN. The coverage ESPN has provided the AAC is a huge advantage and impressive. Even SMU has the majority of their games on national tv via ESPN. The league was very fortunate to sign their contract with ESPN. In the end this imo, is why down years in the AAC are not as bad for the league as it is for the rest of the G5. Football players want to be on tv. The AAC can deliver this in spades because of their partnership with ESPN.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

These schools are in unusual down years. Well Tulane is always in a down year. Tulsa, SMU, Houston etc have the history and money needed to turn things around. The AAC is the premier G5 conference because of basketball, resources and ESPN. The coverage ESPN has provided the AAC is a huge advantage and impressive. Even SMU has the majority of their games on national tv via ESPN. The league was very fortunate to sign their contract with ESPN. In the end this imo, is why down years in the AAC are not as bad for the league as it is for the rest of the G5. Football players want to be on tv. The AAC can deliver this in spades because of their partnership with ESPN.

Appreciate the post but you kinda need to disclose your team affiliation for it to have more validity.

Outside of 75 years ago and the years they overtly cheated, SMU has pretty much sucked and is the deathbed for coaches.

I think they may have built in some attendance problems with their "small privates" inclusiveness, especially in SMU and Tulsa. CUSA, on the other hand, has the problems with the "F*U" schools. I do agree that the current version of CUSA has more programs on an upward trajectory than the AAC. Still, basketball may make it worth the move for the Texas schools. CUSA does have some good basketball programs; others, especially UNT, will have to decide to be serious about basketball at some point.

Appreciate the post but you kinda need to disclose your team affiliation for it to have more validity.

Sure, my apologies. I am an ECU fan. I joined this site shortly after North Texas joined Conference USA. I joined because I thought North Texas was a good addition to Conference USA. I do not post often, but have been complimentary of the North Texas program in the past. I am somewhat of a college football geek. I particularly enjoyed following this site last year as North Texas made its very good run. I also think you guys have one of the best coaching staff's in Conference USA.

• Upvote 5