Question for UNT students on campus post-Nicholls

Harry

I know we like to slice and dice things to death over here. I was wondering what the mood is on campus post-Nicholls blowout?

I think sometimes we forget that the average student at UNT doesn't really know the difference between Nicholls and La. Tech or other schools in C-USA.

Is there a big high after the blowout win against Nicholls and Dajon's 1st game or are the students skeptical due to the level of the opponent?

I think this is important since they are driving the attendance numbers this season and we are awhile before the next home game.

As a student, I actually follow the football team and read up on these forums quite often so I knew the level of competition we faced dropped dramatically between La Tech and Nicholls. I was excited to see Dajon start and show us what he can do because I'm a fan of the dual threat QB and that thrashing was definitely more fun to watch then the lack of offense we showed two weeks ago. I remember hearing students and young alumni chanting Dajon's name at the game, so there is definitely more excitement around campus with him as QB.

Also another thing I've noticed on campus this year is that I haven't seen as many students wearing shirts from other colleges as much as I did last year. I suppose they're starting to realize we have an up and coming program and more are decided to jump on board with the team.

• Upvote 7

The atmosphere seems about the same as it has been all year. I've seen less other college apparel around the BLB, but I still don't see a lot of green being worn. I'm also the only student in any of my classes that has been to every game so far this season. Part of that is they are upper level so there are more commuters/older students.

• Upvote 2

The atmosphere seems about the same as it has been all year. I've seen less other college apparel around the BLB, but I still don't see a lot of green being worn. I'm also the only student in any of my classes that has been to every game so far this season. Part of that is they are upper level so there are more commuters/older students.

Thanks for the info. if you don't mind me asking are you in a specific major or are most of your classes with underclassmen? Just wondered if the program might be dictating the interest level.

Here's my story:

In one of my RTVF classes last week we were actually discussing online communities that we take part in. I mentioned that I'm a HUGE fan of Mean Green Athletics and then mentioned this board. There were a few "yeah"s shouted after I said athletics. And then some interested looks after I mentioned the forum. This was in a class of just 16 students, so I consider it be a pretty nice ratio. I went on to mention that I'm a huge baseball fan and really don't have a great spot to discuss that, but that UNT is getting a baseball program. That elicited an "aw, sweet" from the back of the class.

I've also noticed around the RTVF building that there's been quite a bit more UNT apparel being worn. Considering we're the "artsy" students, this is a HUGE win to me.

And like others, when walking out and about campus, I'm noticing way fewer articles of clothing from other schools.

The times, they are a changin', my friends.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the info. if you don't mind me asking are you in a specific major or are most of your classes with underclassmen? Just wondered if the program might be dictating the interest level.

I'm in Logistics and Supply Chain Management. In my final 12 hours so its all upperclassmen.

I've seen about 30 students today on campus wearing Class of 2018 shirts so thats a good sign for the freshman excitement level.