Vickery Park

UNT 90 Grad

For those of you that went to Vickery Park in Plano for the watching party, can you provide some feedback here? I wasn't there (I was at the game), but am wondering if you'd like me to schedule future watching parties there.

Was the size of the place adequate? Did the room max out?

How was the service?

Could you see and hear the game adequately?

How was the food and drink?

Any pics you can post?

I'm going to start working on booking a place in Collin County for the Indiana game soon, once I can find out where it's being broadcasted. I'll also work on getting door prizes since I'll be there in person this time.

Thanks and Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 1

Do you want me to be honest? I will be just becuase I was telling my wife the whole time that I didn't like the way it was set up. They had us in a back room. Awesome yes we had our own space but the back room was more like a "chill lounge" with no chairs just two sofas some bookcases and two TVs. We had one waitress mind you she worked her butt off, but there were no chairs or tables back there people were eating on thier knees and didnt seem too thrilled. I asked what seems to be a manager for chairs since they ran out and he acted like he was doing me a favor" I'm saving these from the front becuase were expecting a big crowd tonight" What about the big crowd of green fans you have in the back? Is there money not a good as the longhorn fans that have yet to even show up yet. Sorry I'm usually a laid back guy and you know this when you have talked to me on the phone but I hate being treated like a second class fan, that manager had some aduacity to just stick us back there with no tables. I'm sure he could have moved some but he didnt care. To be honest you should choose elsewhere becuase " im sure he's saving seats for a big crowd"

The food? I woulndt know what to say I wasnt going to eat in the air or on my knees. The atomosphere? I liked being around fellow Mean Green Fans...that was the only positve.

Sorry didn't mean to go off on a rant but I hate when resturants do this to people, were were there first and our money is just as "GreeN" if not more than Longhorn fans...

• Upvote 2

We didn't go because I've been to that place before. The back room is not a good place for a watching party. We asked the waitress there a couple of weeks ago if they were going to be moving chairs or tables or whatever back there for the watch party and she said she didn't think so, so we skipped it. Based on Eddie's response, definitely look for another place.

• Upvote 1

The setup wasn't the best for the number of people there...which I would estimate at 35-40. There were not enough chairs and hardly any table space. Also, there were only two TVs, one of which was HD. Beer selection, food and service were good. Our server was on her game. Overall, I liked the place but for game watching my vote would be for a different location next time.

• Upvote 1

Well Eddie...Did a big crowd of t-shirt wearing whorns show up for the game? I would have personally went to the front and helped myself to chairs and a table. If they didn't like me moving a couple chairs and a table they could have called the police on me. GMG

Of course they did... lol

The guy wasn't happy us moving chairs... I shouldn't be moving tables..that's the establishment failing to do so lol. . GMG.

• Upvote 1

Is Fairview Down Under out? Bad beer selection but other than that I dug it.

How about Franchise Grill or Allen Wickers?

Unfortunately they closed Fairview Down Under in the offseason. The layout of that place was perfect. We might give Allen Wickers a try again. I think it worked great for us last year for the Southern Miss game. I might give Robert Wolfe a call about starting to use Rudy's again too. We've got some good options. I also want to look at Sauced in Allen and the Hang Out in Plano. Where is Franchise Grill? Edited by UNT 90 Grad

Unfortunately they closed Fairview Down Under in the offseason. The layout of that place was perfect. We might give Allen Wickers a try again. I think it worked great for us last year for the Southern Miss game. I might give Robert Wolfe a call about starting to use Rudy's again too. We've got some good options. I also want to look at Sauced in Allen and the Hang Out in Plano. Where is Franchise Grill?

Custer and Parker

Myself, my brother, and a very good friend, a ex NT football player went to Vickery Park. Arrived early. Met several "Mean Greener's" including Zac Olen and his family. Shout out to Terry!

Too many people to name. There was a girl there that played golf for NT, with her friends. I saw several MG fans that had been

to other Game Watching Events.

Vickery Park is a rectangle shaped facility, being long and narrow, where lots of regulars come into the place on Saturday night.

The restaurant was divided into two parts. The front part was the bar, tables, and wall side booths.

The second half back section of the restaurant was for MG fans. Big Shuffleboard game and a Foosball game took space.

You had to maneuver your way through the crowd. The MG section was crowded, no siting to handle that many MG fans.

After half time, my group moved to a booth/table in the front of the bar. The game was on the bar TV's. We could sit down and have cold beers!

For about 35-45 Mean Green fans, Texas fans, and the regular Saturday night crowd, the place was filled up.

Restaurant service was very good. The redheaded waitress waiting the Mean Green fans worked very hard keeping

everyone with food and beverages! Great job!

Over all , all of us had a good time. But-- a larger place with space would be great!

Edited by charlie nt73