Last Meeting in 2006 against UT 56-7

FanofUNT

Last meeting: September 2, 2006, Texas 56 North Texas 7

We lost great players and we will see more great players again. So if there is any improvement -Yes! There is improvement...the score is not 50, 60, or 70 pts.

I think we are making progress - a slight set back with players gone but we are going to have to rebuild again.

Edited by FanofUNT
  • Upvote 1

Last meeting: September 2, 2006, Texas 56 North Texas 7

We lost great players and we will see more great players again. So if there is any improvement -Yes! There is improvement...the score is not 50, 60, or 70 pts.

I think we are making progress - a slight set back with players gone but we are going to have to rebuild again.

you don't expect much out of life do you? F me running!!
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

you don't expect much out of life do you? F me running!!

Exactly, well said. This is what coach Mac talks about all the time, it's not okay to lose. We could and should have done better tonight, mostly at the QB spot. Some players and most of the team gave their all Edited by MeanGreen01
  • Upvote 1

Actually it's not that I don't expect alot out of life - but I am sure Dan expects more as a head coach and doesn't expect to lose either - get real look who they lost last year?!?

But I do expect better support from a true fan not just the season when they get a bowl win?

There's better support on the UNT site. Glad your comments are shared here instead.

wtf did you just say?
  • Upvote 1

Yea- I'm sure the team (kids) already feels bad. I'll say it again I hope these posts don't make it to FB UNT site. I have my masters and I'm not dumb. But I'm tired of seeing man children whining ...pull-up your big girl panties and know Dan will turn things around like he did the first time. Sports aren't for the weak minded..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Check the predictions thread, most here expected to lose. None expected to see the worst QB play in NT history to come about. Texas will not win the Big 12 and stumble into a bowl game this year. Their QB & skilled position players are average at best.

• Upvote 1

Here are a few positives:

Our leading passer was 2-11 8 yards and 2 interceptions (this negative is a positive bc score should have been 50-60)

We had 8 first downs....8

We had less than 100 yards total offense

3 interceptions (one for TD) one deep in our own territory

2 bs penalties that kept drives alive and led to scores

Scored 0 offensive touchdowns

Got not caused 2 turnovers 1 we picked up in the end zone

We only lost 38-7 which says a hell of a lot about our Defense