NT offers Lynch RB Rawleigh Williams III

Something must be amiss with the Ole Miss commit. Since that time he has received offers from Duke, Arkansas and us.

That doesn't have anything to do with the stability of his commitment. Players still receive offers after they commit, and schools still offer kids after they commit. Now if he is taking visits to those schools, then maybe his commitment isn't that solid.

I have a decent source who says they believe ole miss may have pulled their offer or offered a back above Williams head and he saw it. Either way, I'd love to see him in green!

His running style somewhat reminds me of Jamario.

Agreed. His short, under the knees stride is very reminiscent of J-Mo.

This kid looks to have good vision, good balance and good speed. (Although from his hudl vid not the top end gear Jamario had - but not many do.)

I would be excited for him to join the Mean Green Family.

• Upvote 1

Williams has picked up 2 crystal ball predictions to Arkansas on 247 over the last couple days. His Ole Miss commitment does appear to be shaky, which is the good news. The bad news is that Arkansas appears to be making a strong push for him as well.

Apparently Mac stated that he wants to sign a running back every class. Williams is the only running back offer for this class, to my knowledge. I think we can afford not signing one for this class. If nothing else, we'll likely to continue to be very picky with RBs.

Williams has picked up 2 crystal ball predictions to Arkansas on 247 over the last couple days. His Ole Miss commitment does appear to be shaky, which is the good news. The bad news is that Arkansas appears to be making a strong push for him as well.

Apparently Mac stated that he wants to sign a running back every class. Williams is the only running back offer for this class, to my knowledge. I think we can afford not signing one for this class. If nothing else, we'll likely to continue to be very picky with RBs.

Billy, we have technically offered another running back but our chances of getting him are remote. On top of that he is a JUCO so I don't see that as helping that much. He is Tim Cook from Eastern Arizona JC.

Most of the touted running backs are either committed or have double digit offers. The best of the rest are seriously undersized. Since we don't seem to have a lot of scholarships available and we seem to have a decent stable of good to potentially very good runners maybe Mac will foego adding one this year (unless a really good one becomes available).

Billy, we have technically offered another running back but our chances of getting him are remote. On top of that he is a JUCO so I don't see that as helping that much. He is Tim Cook from Eastern Arizona JC.

Most of the touted running backs are either committed or have double digit offers. The best of the rest are seriously undersized. Since we don't seem to have a lot of scholarships available and we seem to have a decent stable of good to potentially very good runners maybe Mac will foego adding one this year (unless a really good one becomes available).

Yeah, I actually have a thread on Cook. The thing about him is that he is being recruited by most of those schools as a linebacker, so there's a good chance we're recruiting him there as well. But either way, like you said, he'd be a hard pull.

Since we got 2 running backs last year and at least one will redshirt (like Jeffery Wilson) that'll basically serve as your back for this class. In a small class I think that's the best way to go about things anyways, IMO. Use those scholarships on o-linemen, d-linemen, receivers, and defensive backs for this class.

Yeah, I actually have a thread on Cook. The thing about him is that he is being recruited by most of those schools as a linebacker, so there's a good chance we're recruiting him there as well. But either way, like you said, he'd be a hard pull.

Since we got 2 running backs last year and at least one will redshirt (like Jeffery Wilson) that'll basically serve as your back for this class. In a small class I think that's the best way to go about things anyways, IMO. Use those scholarships on o-linemen, d-linemen, receivers, and defensive backs for this class.

Amen, brother. Although I wouldn't quibble too much if we were able to get the Florida quarterback.