An honest question regarding Benford and Johnny Jones

Harry

Seems to me, that giving an unproven head BB coach a muti-year contract that extended beyond two years is where the problem began. I can't help but think that there are plenty of young and upcoming coaches that would have jumped at the chance to Coach at UNT with a two year contract and 3rd year option.

• Upvote 2

Seems to me, that giving an unproven head BB coach a muti-year contract that extended beyond two years is where the problem began. I can't help but think that there are plenty of young and upcoming coaches that would have jumped at the chance to Coach at UNT with a two year contract and 3rd year option.

Agreed---especially with the roster we were returning at the time of the Benford hire.

This conversation will continue to go in circles until Benford starts winning at a level well above .4375 - or we fire him. The way I see the next two years going is, we are roughly .500 next season, and then the bottom drops out year four spurring the AD to let him go. So, two years of this.

Again, I don't believe the JJ and Benford situations are at all comparable before their respective 3rd years.

This conversation will continue to go in circles until Benford starts winning at a level well above .4375 - or we fire him. The way I see the next two years going is, we are roughly .500 next season, and then the bottom drops out year four spurring the AD to let him go. So, two years of this.

Again, I don't believe the JJ and Benford situations are at all comparable before their respective 3rd years.

Great post. I agree, I think this year won't be that bad. Benford still has the last two, and most important JJ players outside of Tony Mitchell, that Benford inherited.

Benford has had the luxury of inheriting a team of young stars. His first year was pretty much all JJ players and last year, despite only having 4 JJ signings on the team, they made up our top 3 scorers and scored over half of our team's points last year. What's going to happen when Benford doesn't just have to recruit role players anymore?

OK, yeah, but this is an honest question. So how do you honestly feel? :crazysmile:

• Upvote 2