Rick Gosselin: Football is Back at North Texas. Big Time Football.

meangreener

If you don't believe this is the hardest place to coach in D1, name me a coach with prolonged success in the last 40 years. (5+ years.) Not a fan of Dickey's behavior, but he seems absolutely correct. Fry also felt this way. When Mac leaves, unless he implodes, this place will be in 110% better situation.

I mean, between budget problems, facility problems and bitter, jaded fans...this was difficult. Make no mistake Mac came here because he wanted the toughest task...so that he'll always be able to say "Look. I turned around NORTH TEXAS. NORTH TEXAS!" Whether that's his retirement job as a professional motivator, or somewhere else. He knew if he could turn us around, we'd be his crown jewel...because nobody else could. That's just a fact.

Actually there are far worse situations for coaches like UTEP, NMSU, Idaho, ect. for many reasons I don't want to waste my time with.

I agree Mac is a good coach. It's pretty obvious and a stupid debate.

This thread had its best answer and I sense a conspiracy removed it to keep this thread alive.

• Upvote 3

I may get burned for saying this, but the up tempo more open offense suits McNulty more. That's the type of offense you want correct?

Better suited for running the zone read (than Greer), gets the ball out quicker in terms of delivery, more accurate in the shorter throws

Not so much uptempo. I could care less about that. Use it when a tired D is on their heels for sure though. What makes my skin bubble is situational play calling.
  • Downvote 1

Not so much uptempo. I could care less about that. Use it when a tired D is on their heels for sure though. What makes my skin bubble is situational play calling.

So in the situation where a D is tired, you advocate a faster pace, but you don't favor situational play calling.

• Upvote 2

So in the situation where a D is tired, you advocate a faster pace, but you don't favor situational play calling.

You are taking what I am saying and arranging it in your own words. I don't care about uptempo, use it if it's appropriate. But bad situational play calling is what annoys me.

You are taking what I am saying and arranging it in your own words. I don't care about uptempo, use it if it's appropriate. But bad situational play calling is what annoys me.

That is not what you said before, you just said situational play calling. Isn't unintentional humor fun?

Constant level lakes is what really bubbles my skin. I mean who are they to say what the level is. And can they really keep it constant?

I didn't think so.

What are we supposed to do? Let them fluctuate wildly like stoned hippies at Woodstock? Not on my watch.

Constant level lakes is what really bubbles my skin. I mean who are they to say what the level is. And can they really keep it constant?

I didn't think so.

As a child of Lake Bridgeport... I'm right there with you.

LAKE WORTH CAN GO SUCK ON A CONSTANT LEVEL D.

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 1

Only because they've drained Lake Bridgeport to the point that it's too empty to keep it so.

Actually, Lake Worth never gets lower than 4 feet because that is the level of the intake for Ft. Worth water supply.

Lake Brideport is constantly drained to make sure Fort Worth has water.

If it doesn't start raining soon this spring, the western side of the metroplex may face restrictions never before seen.

Actually, Lake Worth never gets lower than 4 feet because that is the level of the intake for Ft. Worth water supply.

Lake Brideport is constantly drained to make sure Fort Worth has water.

If it doesn't start raining soon this spring, the western side of the metroplex may face restrictions never before seen.

I've had about enough of your pro lake worth semantics.

• Upvote 1

Didn't get a chance to laugh at utsa's athletic facilities bc the thread was locked, but hahaha, pathetic. And we have a high school football stadium? The bball and baseball facilities at SA juco would literally rival some 1A HS facilities, legitimately. Pitiful.

• Downvote 1

I've had about enough of your pro lake worth semantics.

If you think that's bad, you should see my pro lake Granbury semantics. I'd blow up Possum Kingdom Dam if I could get away with it.

And don't get me started about the water mismanagement by the BRA.

Oh, and if I could piss 15 inches of rain above Lake Granbury, I would.

Didn't get a chance to laugh at utsa's athletic facilities bc the thread was locked, but hahaha, pathetic. And we have a high school football stadium? The bball and baseball facilities at SA juco would literally rival some 1A HS facilities, legitimately. Pitiful.

Please don't cross thread!

Wow, this thread is still alive and not locked? The only thing we're missing is Jesus voting republican because He's pro-life. I'd also like to insert a satirical cartoon of Mohammed wrestling Buddha...naked Roman style in Vegas...but I don't know how. Ghandi is the hotdog vendor. Someone help?

If you were going to bring Jesus in to this, why would you not think of the lakes?

I'm at Love Field right now. I want to know why there's a luggage store IN the terminal. Do people just show up with armloads of clothing and realize they might enjoy something to put them in? Is SMU behind this? Where's a guy get good macaroni and cheese in Albuquerque when New Mexico State hasn't even gone to a bowl in decades? If Jesus walks on Lake Lewisville during a drought, does he get mud on his toes?